Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Beauty!

Where'd you find him, and roughly how long is he?

Black rats are great, I've got a leucy CB12 from AC Snakes with whom I'm totally in love - about 26" at the moment and growing like the proverbial weed.

·
Registered
13,305 Posts
These are very underrated snakes. Awesome and congrats. I had a pair of these and they were the most active and characterful snakes ive owned. Always out and about during the day....absolutely LOVE to climb so do make sure you provide branches as they spend a lot if time climbing and perching : victory:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
These are very underrated snakes. Awesome and congrats. I had a pair of these and they were the most active and characterful snakes ive owned. Always out and about during the day....absolutely LOVE to climb so do make sure you provide branches as they spend a lot if time climbing and perching : victory:
Yeh, I think my boy was a GTP in a previous lifetime...if he's out, which he is a fair bit, he's climbing or draped artistically at the top of one of his perchy branches. For his final viv, I'm going for something at least 6' high with a couple of small/dwarf trees for him to enjoy.

Great to see other people who love this species, Artisan's right, they're totally underrated! I bet you'll be very happy with this lovely lad.

·
Registered
13,305 Posts
Yeh, I think my boy was a GTP in a previous lifetime...if he's out, which he is a fair bit, he's climbing or draped artistically at the top of one of his perchy branches. For his final viv, I'm going for something at least 6' high with a couple of small/dwarf trees for him to enjoy.

Great to see other people who love this species, Artisan's right, they're totally underrated! I bet you'll be very happy with this lovely lad.
I regret ever parting with them. Had a beautiful female normal and a stonking hypo male with red eyes with a green ring around them. His colour was amazing and you cant get hold of them very easily (the hypos) amazing snakes : victory:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beauty!

Where'd you find him, and roughly how long is he?

Black rats are great, I've got a leucy CB12 from AC Snakes with whom I'm totally in love - about 26" at the moment and growing like the proverbial weed.
Thanks! He's around the 2ft/ 2 1/2 mark, I got him from SnakesnAdders, they had a few in but his markings really stood out, not as dull as the others and is just likes to explore. I never realised how pretty they are until I saw one up close.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Thanks! He's around the 2ft/ 2 1/2 mark, I got him from SnakesnAdders, they had a few in but his markings really stood out, not as dull as the others and is just likes to explore. I never realised how pretty they are until I saw one up close.
Yes, he's beautifully marked! I've heard good reports of SnakesnAdders, and your boy certainly bears these out.

I find their curiosity is one of their big charms. Once they're settled, they just want to check out everything, little tongues flickering all the way. Fun, fun snakes...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, he's beautifully marked! I've heard good reports of SnakesnAdders, and your boy certainly bears these out.

I find their curiosity is one of their big charms. Once they're settled, they just want to check out everything, little tongues flickering all the way. Fun, fun snakes...
SnakesnAdders is a great shop, it's great to go to somewhere where the animals come first and profit second.
He's out and about at the moment, he's in a 64ltr rub at the moment and will go in to a nice big viv when he's grown some more.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congrats on your BRS! I have a female T- Albino BRS, and they are fantastic. Completely underrated and big, lovely snakes. However, mine doesn’t like to climb or perch.

CONGRATULATIONS, INDEED! :flrt:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He's just so docile and goes completly against what you hear about Rat Snakes. I just sat there watching him climb all round his new home last night, so active compared to my corns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts