Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Kind of an odd one, i've never seen this before but i just bought a baby herman and didn't notice what looks like blistering just in the middle of its shell. Can only see it on that part. Only noticed it when it was getting a bath. Just wondering does anybody know what it is and whether its something to worry about?

Thanks
Marc

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Which side of the plasteron do you mean please?
As I cant see any blistering. But it could be the angle of the photo.

·
Banned
3,371 Posts
Hi guys

Kind of an odd one, i've never seen this before but i just bought a baby herman and didn't notice what looks like blistering just in the middle of its shell. Can only see it on that part. Only noticed it when it was getting a bath. Just wondering does anybody know what it is and whether its something to worry about?

Thanks
Marc

Is it soft when touched like a bubble or is it solid. Where did you get it from and how old is it?

·
Banned
3,371 Posts
Hi guys

Thanks
Marc

Just had a look, do you mean those little lighter lines like wiggly bits? If so that is just keratin stress and nothing to worry about. It means it has just grown a bit more quickly than usual, so keep an eye on his weight for a while.
When handling, it's best to hold from side to side rather than top to bottom as they are very delicate if squeezed, even a little bit.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
I've had hard water leave marks on shells before, after bathing them, it could be that.

·
Banned
3,371 Posts
Here is one of my little ones, do you mean like this? If so, it is just keratin stress and nothing to worry about. This is my most piggy baby, who would eat all day if I would let him ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts