Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im gettting a blizard soon and i was wonderin do they eat the same mount of crickets n stuff normal leo's do

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
i think they do.should not see why not really.spose its just like any other leo just a different colour on the outside.

·
Registered
475 Posts
It might help you to research leos! Blizzard is a morph, not a type of gecko. So yes they eat what a leo should eat :)

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
yea i was abit worried wen i read the title which involved the word 'thingy' replacing gecko, think a bit of research is in order before u buy he animal. dont buy the animal and then ask wat to do with it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
two words brick and wall

i feel your pain! purejurrasic like the smiley

·
Registered
475 Posts
Really glad someone else had a go. I wanted to earlier but felt a bit guilty. Don't kno why though. It so needs to be said!!! This is why we have so many reptiles and other animals in rescue centres because people don't research properly before buying animals!

If you can't be arsed to read up, don't bother buying as you'll probably end up not being arsed to care for the animal properly. :x

11 out of 10 for the smiley purejurassic :lol:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Just one more point...would you buy a car if you couldn't drive? I would hope not. So don't buy an animal without knowing as much as is possible about it. Sorry to be harsh, but I'm breeding my geckos next year and I will only sell babies to people who can prove they know what they are doing. Someone should devise some sort of questionnaire that prospective buyers have to fill in. If they don't provide the appropriate answers, no sale :wink:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
After the "like black ppl" post i tried to reply... but my it wouldnt let me, it simply would not load a reply page however many times i prressed it... good thing too really.

Joemot how old r yuh mate?

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
:roll2: i love hearing everyone bickering.its like A jerry springer show about teenage mums or sumit.

kerry1 wrote:
Sorry to be harsh, but I'm breeding my geckos next year and I will only sell babies to people who can prove they know what they are doing. Someone should devise some sort of questionnaire that prospective buyers have to fill in. If they don't provide the appropriate answers, no sale
its a great idea but then people would probley just read up on them then forget about what they had lernt because they have the "thingy" now.Bit like some of the idiots who i sat with when doing your GCSE's.think im gona do the bit about the questionaire bit when it comes to selling my juvies.im sure most of the pet shops around here would fail it :naughty:

·
Banned
4,175 Posts
To be honest, asking the first question, I could just about handle, even if it was worded somewhat strangely.

It was the comment regarding 'black' ppl that made me mad.

As a breeder of leos, I try to work out why someone whants one, then what they know about it in order to match different leos.

I talked someone out of buying one of mine the other day because i did not think it was what he was looking for.

In this case, i think i have just the right one. in a PHOTO they can stick on the wall.

leos are not thingys you can put down when your bored with them. Please, google the subject, there is a ton of stuff out there about leos. Then come back and ask questions on the stuff you dont understand.

Happy to help with 'proper' questions.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Not trying to stick up for anyone but Joemot has'nt got the gecko yet he IS asking before he buys And the comment about black people was exactly what my kids have just come in saying after a racial awareness meeting at school. People are exactly the same on the inside and the colour on the outside should'nt make any difference.If Joemot is only a kid then he would see nothing wrong in what he said. If we complain about people who ask before they buy and we complain about people who buy first then ask.who exactly do we not complain about?

Della

·
Registered
475 Posts
People should research using internet and books first, then use forums as a last resort for as purejurassic put it, 'proper questions'!!

Most of the people on here are knowledgeable about the reptiles they keep and while I agree it's good that he is asking quetsions before he buys, he seems rather arrogant to the fact that a reptile is a living breathing creature that will be quite demanding of him and is definitely not a bloody 'THINGY'!!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Don't get me wrong i completely agree on the "THINGY" point and that there other things to do for research before a forum but i have a feeling that Joemot is only a child. I think we should have a kids board on this site so when we answer them we know they are kids and don't give them quite as much grief as other people. :lol: :lol:

Della

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I take it all back :lol:

Just looked at Joe's profile and it says he's a builder so i recon he's an adult and should know how to research properly.

Della

·
Banned
4,175 Posts
I have all the time in the world for those asking questions

BUT

Joemot has pm'd me asking questions, and got answers, he has also asked the same questions on open forum, and got answers, but asked again.

His use of words, well what can i say, his recent post said he is going to but the heatmay on the back behind the sticky thingy !!

I mean, how can we help when questions like that are posted.

He said he 'is' going to get a blizzard gecko, but hasnt even relised that a blizzard is a leopard gecko, otherwise would not be asking that.

There is a wealth of info out there, simply waiting to be asked. Answering the same old questions is boring, but to those who ask, its the first time they ask, so normally always get a good reply,

In joes case, he comes across as wanting us to do all his research for him, so he can say he knows about them.

Sorry if this seems unfair, but I always try to help those who help themselves, those that dont, well, say no more !!

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
:lol: well i found the comment ... 'like black people' quite funny!!! :lol:
this person is from BRIXTON ...... i'm sure it wasnt a racist thing ....
just very very true!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
yes but very blatant and not really amusing.
"oh like the various races we have in people, ie white, black, asian etc ar we like morphs?"
would have been a slightly better way of asking the question, the comment was quite child like and rather pointless as it wasnt phrased as a question either.

Anyway, im happy to continue replying to his questions for now but I do hope he either wises up or doesnt get a pet of any kind in the end.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts