Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a few pictures of the newly set up t.blondi tub...let me know what you think and if there is anything i should change.

First one is taken from above

Next one from the side

This one is from the end, looking directly into the plant pot hide

...and finally one from the top corner, at the top of the slope

Ta,
Gary.

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
I agree, nice set up, just a shame you'l have to take lid off to get a good look at the blondi, at the rish of urticating hairs....eeek!!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree, its not iedal but it is a lot clearer then those picture lead you to believe...it looks very murky in those photos :lol2:

As far as it goes mind does it look suitable to house a blondi?

By the way, what does RUB stand for? i bet it will be something really obvious :blush:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree, its not ideal but it is a lot clearer then those picture lead you to believe...it looks very murky in those photos :lol2:

As far as it goes mind does it look suitable to house a blondi?

By the way, what does RUB stand for? i bet it will be something really obvious :blush:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
RUB - Really Useful Boxes

Fab set up. Your Blondi will be happy in there :D

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The log wasnt part of my original plan, i added it as found out the blondi im getting is a lot smaller than i first though (3-4cm instead of about 4-5 inches) so put it in there just so it feels a litle more secure with an extra hiding place.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Even more obvious than i had thought :lol2: thanks
:lol2: Don't worry, I didn't know what they were once upon a time.

Although I did say in your other post about the size of tank being fine, am having second thoughts now. Is a lovely set up, but plenty of places for a little sling or cricket to get lost in there :hmm:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im not too bothered about a cricket getting lost as we are still in the 'fascinated' stage and always wait and watch feeding time, so will see what goes where.

Obviously i cant watch it 24/7 mind so am now a little concerned about the T getting lost. Im finding it hard to picture what a 3-4cm spid will look like in there mind and so how easily it could get lost :sad:

When i look at the RUB (Really Useful Box :Na_Na_Na_Na:) it doesnt seem that big though....

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Yea, is hard to gauge. Bearing in mind 3-4cm is only about this long ----------------- It seems small then doesn't it?

Also, spiders shouldn't really have water bowls until they're about 2-3", and maybe only a milk bottle lid then, til they're bigger.

Sorry, feel like I'm having a go :(

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea, is hard to gauge. Bearing in mind 3-4cm is only about this long ----------------- It seems small then doesn't it?

Also, spiders shouldn't really have water bowls until they're about 2-3", and maybe only a milk bottle lid then, til they're bigger.

Sorry, feel like I'm having a go :(
:lol2: dont be silly, this is exactly why i posted these pics...i dont want any mistakes!!

The water bowl is only a small cap off a fish food container...should i take this out completely then? Should it be replaced with an alternative??

Now i feel bad for asking questions i feel i should already know the answer to!!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When you say it will get lost in there do you mean lost as in i wont always be able to spot it quickly...or as in the spider will lose itself and then get stressed not being able to find its way around?

If you mean its just that i wont always be able to spot it straight away then i dont mind this so much...and i cant imagine it causing a problem for the spider as someone in my other thread mentioned they are built for the wild after all and the wild is a tad larger than a RUB :lol2:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Mmm, I only spray my tanks with spids under 2-3". I would take it out personally. I would probably house the spider in something smaller for 2 moults or so. A shame when you got such a nice set up, but the set up would keep if you chose to do that. I really would reconsider a different tank for now, even an icecream tub or lunch box at that size. Fab enclosure when it's a bit bigger though.

If you do choose to spray instead of a bowl, just spray the inside walls of the tank 2-3 times a week. Maybe different with a Blondi though, with humidity etc. Can't help there, I don't have a Blondi myself, but the tank size etc, all the same principal for terrestrials :)

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Yeah but in the wild they'd have a really deep burrow and be sheltered and so really have less space.

I'd say try it in there and see how he/she gets on :)

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Think the pic makes it look bigger than it is, in the other post GazEmm says it's about 1ft long x half a foot deep and wide, that's 12x6x6 inches which isn't much at all. I think that tub and set up will work just fine. You can always make changes if you see a problem.

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
Its all trial and error really, you'l see what works best! : victory:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Sorry, for some reason was thinking the RUB was 24" long, dunno why :lolsign:

Yeah, give it a try and see, but any probs and I'd take him out straight away and put him in a smaller tub. Keep an extra eye on him when feeding though :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts