Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share with you some pictures of my blood boa.
Blood boas are true dwarf boas and they are the only morph which adds colour to a boa. Most others take colour away (hypo, albino, anery) or change the pattern (motley, jungle, etc).

The pictures I took attempt to show the intense blood red in the colour and contrast it with the coal black eyes. I am looking forward to breeding him with our super salmons.

Another image of the blood boa against a white background

Finally blood on black

Cheers,
Kris

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
pretty snake how big will it grow then becasue its a dwarf

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello samroyal2

There are several species of bci that are considered dwarfs. All the dwarfs are typically under 180cm (2 foot). Several species such as nicaraguan, blood boas, and other central american boas are even smaller. For simplicity sake, I would say consider the dwarf bci boas to be about the length of a ball python. However they are also thinner in the body when fully grown.

I will post more pics of some dwarfs in the next few weeks to hopefully better illustrate the size (however it is difficult to see size in pictures) :)

Cheers,

Kris

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
that would be cool becuase they would be a managable size what sort of prices are they becuase they are nice snakes

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
wow they certainly are beautiful....However I wouldnt say to concider the same size as a royal as royal tend to be between 3-5ft fully grown. :)

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Nat said:
wow they certainly are beautiful....However I wouldnt say to concider the same size as a royal as royal tend to be between 3-5ft fully grown. :)
Nat nat nat!! 180cm is 6 foot,tis a typo!!!! two foot boas by christ i'd like to see that lol,hehehe

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah thanks Gaz for catching that. Fat fingers and too little coffee are to blame. I will grab another caffine shot in a second. 180cm is about 6ft. My adult female hogs are at most 5' 8". My Nics are about 3.5 - 4 foot and the blood male should be about 3.5 - 4 foot when fully grown.

Cheers,

Kris

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
hahahaha makes a lot more sense hehe..beautiful snake regardless of size, bet they must cost a bomb tho!....which ent fair cuz id love a dwarf boa of some sort! :D

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
so how much for a hatchling dwarf blood boa if it reaches 3.5- 4ft

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
samroyal2

Some dwarfs cost a lot and others are not so dear. Dwarf boas are not as popular as the full size bci boas right now. So that does influence the price a bit. However as with all boas, the morphs cost more than the wildtype.

Cheers,

Kris

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
well i have crawl cays (hypo) and they are selling well an they aint cheap neither lol
regards gaz

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
wrong post lol

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
pretty lil thing. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Absolutely amazing colour, Im getting a pair of Honduran dwarf boas soon, love the dwarfs
thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts