Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys me again.. a while ago i posted this problem
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/snakes/429152-new-milk-snake-3-a.html

My milk snake had a crunching sound from the lower half of his body when i handled him. Since then he becomes more and mroe irretable and harder to handle. When I first got him he was an absolute gem.

Latey he poos when I hold him (but i hear this is common in milk snakes). However the most worrying observation is that I see small amounds of red liquid in his poo when i handle him (presumably blood). I dont see it when he excretes in the faunarium (which is still rare but he will every once in a while). He is constantly in his hide and rarely comes out lke he used to (but i do catchin him outaround 2am some mornings.

Anyone got any ideas or info which might help understand why his crunches (although this is less lately..im generaly careful not to add pressure) and why he may have blood from his cloaca?

Thanks

Joe :3

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Hey guys me again.. a while ago i posted this problem
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/snakes/429152-new-milk-snake-3-a.html

My milk snake had a crunching sound from the lower half of his body when i handled him. Since then he becomes more and mroe irretable and harder to handle. When I first got him he was an absolute gem.

Latey he poos when I hold him (but i hear this is common in milk snakes). However the most worrying observation is that I see small amounds of red liquid in his poo when i handle him (presumably blood). I dont see it when he excretes in the faunarium (which is still rare but he will every once in a while). He is constantly in his hide and rarely comes out lke he used to (but i do catchin him outaround 2am some mornings.

Anyone got any ideas or info which might help understand why his crunches (although this is less lately..im generaly careful not to add pressure) and why he may have blood from his cloaca?

Thanks

Joe :3
Hiya, dispite the excellent discription you have give its still not really alot to go on. Crunching isnt really assoicated with respitory problems, clicking,wheezing and gurgling are but crunching no. But it can be heard with minor breaks and muscle contortions.

The best advise i can offer is for you to go to the vets as soon as and have some feacal tests done on it to see whats going on inside it, the crunching may be the reason for the bleeding so try not to handle the snake if possiable

·
Registered
35,069 Posts
Hiya, dispite the excellent discription you have give its still not really alot to go on. Crunching isnt really assoicated with respitory problems, clicking,wheezing and gurgling are but crunching no. But it can be heard with minor breaks and muscle contortions.

The best advise i can offer is for you to go to the vets as soon as and have some feacal tests done on it to see whats going on inside it, the crunching may be the reason for the bleeding so try not to handle the snake if possiable
what he said

·
Registered
9,627 Posts

What he said.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I had a constipated blood python that felt somewhat like you described; this was the urate balls. Due to the size of the animal I could tell exactly what they was.

As above though.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Best advice is of course to go to the vets. I have seen this type of thing in an Albino Burm that came in a while ago with a fair bit of blood coming from the cloaca (no crunching though,but there again I am as deaf as a post). The prognosis was the build up of solid urates and kidney damage due to dehydration.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.