Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been offerd a blood python, but wanted to know how much they go for i dont want to get ripped off! cheers folks! :)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
oh boy.......i dont do bloods after our bad experience with them! lol

there are a few out there that are ok though!
how old is it??
sam

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blood python

unsure, its about 5 foot, i have not bought him yet, just wanted to see what price they are, as im buying it for my mate.

·
Registered
525 Posts
If it's 'red' then hatchlings usually go for around £100-£150. Adults from £150-£250 (£250 being some pet shops or nice examples)
Borneo's (brown) a little less.
Black bloods don't come up for sale often but there's a hatchling in the classifieds recently for £150.
Tom500 has some stunners...including 100% het albino for about £500 a pair (i think)
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
First of all, it depends what type of blood you're talikng about. Secondly you'd have to check if it's WC or CB, the latter fetching more money.

Thirdly, a female of this size would be likely to be more valuable.

Having owned one for nearly a year now, I would not recommend one for inexperienced keepers. It's definitely not a beginners snake IMO.

They can be unpredictable, some have very bad temperament and you need to have the right equipment because it's a much more delicate snake than other most common snakes. They have an issue with humidity that some may struggle to adjust to right levels, etc.

Mine has been feeding like a pig, growing a lot and we are quite happy now that she's settled very well. However we had a lot of stress in the beginning.

She's very well tempered for a blood, she's not agressive at all, she never attempted to bite, but she's extremely shy and rather not be handled, because she can panic and try to get away in a hurry.

I reckon a 5 ft blood would probably fetch something between 150 - 250 quid depending on the things I've pointed out.

That's a picture of mine:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
lovely looking snake there

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
First of all, it depends what type of blood you're talikng about. Secondly you'd have to check if it's WC or CB, the latter fetching more money.

Thirdly, a female of this size would be likely to be more valuable.

Having owned one for nearly a year now, I would not recommend one for inexperienced keepers. It's definitely not a beginners snake IMO.

They can be unpredictable, some have very bad temperament and you need to have the right equipment because it's a much more delicate snake than other most common snakes. They have an issue with humidity that some may struggle to adjust to right levels, etc.

Mine has been feeding like a pig, growing a lot and we are quite happy now that she's settled very well. However we had a lot of stress in the beginning.

She's very well tempered for a blood, she's not agressive at all, she never attempted to bite, but she's extremely shy and rather not be handled, because she can panic and try to get away in a hurry.

I reckon a 5 ft blood would probably fetch something between 150 - 250 quid depending on the things I've pointed out.

That's a picture of mine:

very nice blood you have there, looks like you're doing a great job with it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts