Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
left some rats defrosting for the snakes and the cats eaten half of 2, thats a few quid down the drain, and now im going to have to defrost some more now, hahaha :lol2: I wouldnt mind but the missus has him on bloody wiskers so why does he see the need to substatute with rat, dirty git, blood and guts everywere and a look like "what you looking at? I aint done nothing! I was just hungry" Just thought i'd post this while watching the missus clean up rat off the cream carpet.:2thumb:

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
it's actually quite healthy for the cat to have mice or rats occassionally. and some people feed their cats solely on this diet, BARF or RMB diets i think they're called.

Reactions: Scimthar

·
Registered
210 Posts
My cat does this, too.

I actually give her any mice that don't get eaten. She goes crazy for them and often swallows them whole like a snake! :lol2:

Reactions: azza23

·
Registered
27,924 Posts
Well at least the cat got a nice treat, I can honestly say my 2 cats have never shown one bit of interest in the smell of mouse when it's feeding time for mine and I warm them up on the radiator so my snakes can smell mouse and not once have they sniffed at the little tub, not even tried them with a pinky that's not been taken, no chance of fluffs not being taken with my corn and MBK as they are greedy sods :lol2:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Our cats never used to eat mice or rats .. they would kill them though.. I was in the garden one day pottering about and one of our cats came walking along the path and went and sat near the pond... after a while he was jumping around , he had alittle mouse and he was letting it go waiting a few seconds for it get a short distance away then pouncing on it and gently lifting his paws up to look at it, when it was laying still he was takling his paws off completly and letting it go again and just kept doing iot over and over again..lol After several times of this pounce capture then release he lifted his paws up and it didn't move, so he kept covring it up and moveing his paws again in the hope it move and run away.. but he had killed it..he looked at me as if to says "Whats wrong ? whys he no playing ?" looked back at it and then hit it with his paw to make it move across the floor trying to give a helping hand/paw haha I was in stiches watching his little face all puzzled as to why this mouse wasnt running away again.. lol

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I'm guessing that the cat ate the front end? Apparently rodent brains are rich in a chemical that is very good for cats-I can't honestly be bothered looking it up now, in shattered, but maybe your feline knew what he was doing. I used to have one cat would fish mice out of the water that they were thawing in (thought it would put her off!) and stash as many as she could for later consumption-you can guess what it was like if she forgot where she put one or I couldn't find it... She used to kill birds and line them up in the back yard as she liked her game a bit ripe. I had to leave them or she would just go kill more to re-fill her stash. At least she grew out of it after a couple of years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts