Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any had a burm that was a fussy eater? My female granite cb10 just wont bloody eat! Tried rats/large mice. Dark ones light ones... Misting half hour before feeds. Feeding outside/inside viv. Shes eaten twice in the last 6 months so notoverly worried but shes just startin to get wrinkly. Temp is 28c hot end 25 cold end. 14 hours of light n just the heat mat of a night so temp is 25 of a night. Mist every other day n has large water bowl so humidity is keep low but constant inbetween. Just wonderin if anyone has any ideas as would like to breed her eventually n my albino male cb09 is just over 6ft...any ideas? Had same problem? Burms aint meant to be fussy but heard here and there granites are fussier...

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
one of mine had real eating issues, he was a twin in the egg (other one didnt make it) and has always been tiny. at over a year old now he's only 3ft if he's even that! (he's a normal)

after not eating for months, i eventully got him taking chicks heads, but i had to smear it in the chicks blood, and have half the brain hanging out. this went on for several weeks, he just wouldn't take a whole chick. i gradually increased the amount of body that was attached to the head, giving the chick a long neck, and then shoulders, but a little tiny bit extra each time, working up to the whole chick, and eventually he took it, i just kept trying, and has eaten chicks without fail ever since. in the past month or so he has started taking rat weaners, if smeared in chick yolk and blood and brain and various chick gloop!

so yeah i've had a fussy one, but it was all done to his bad start, i think he wasn't meant to be for a while, but is doing really well now :2thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She took a rat weaner last week only cos she struck at my hubby n he moced out the way n got rattie. Will try smearin it in a bit of blood n see wat she makes of it. Cheers :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts