Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the setup for my Lygodachyls williamsi. Does anyone else keep them? It would be intresting to see your setups and see what you feed them regarding honey/fruit mix etc. Thanks

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
keep seeing these things they are beautiful! actually wanting one! :2thumb:

would be great to see more pictures!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Beautiful geckoes and a great looking set up you've created there. I used to keep and breed Gold dust day geckoes. I found that they readily took fruit flavoured human baby food so might be an idea if you tried yours with some.

Phil.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Hi

Glad to see others keeping these

Only started keeping the Lygodactulus species this year and have groups of the three most commonly available.

Your setups are very similar to mine as far as feeding goes I keep mine on a diet of mashed banana, the browner the better it seems, I think it gets sweeter. Honey, but not as regular maybe once a week. I add the multi vitimins to the banana and honey.

I also feed a mix of small crickets, fruit flies, Wax moths and very small mealworms.

Spray in the morning allowing to dryout during the day.
Temp wise I let mine get to 85f during the day with a slightly hotter basking spot but drops to around 70-75f at night.

Calcium is provided at all times in small bowl as is water. these do recognise standing water no matter what others may say!

If yours are wild caught as are most, a couple of soakings will rid them of mites, they more than likely will have them.

Ive been fortunate to have had several eggs from mine but time will tell if they are any good, as Its my first year with them its still a learning curve for me aswell. If you are lucky to get eggs if they are stuck leave them where they were laid as they are very fragile.

Hope this may help

Williamsi Pair

Williamsi female

Lygodactulus Kimhowelli female

Lygodactulus Picturatus male

Male Williamsi and eggs

Kimwowelli eggs and 5p

Picturatus eggs laid in fruit fly medium

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the pics, I will think about getting a Female at a later date. I'll try the brown Bananas with some honey and multi vit. Have you tryed Baby food?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Tried Baby foods, didn't get on so well with those but doesn't mean they won't work for you.

Ive decided to keep mine in sexed pairs now, as you'll discover they are very sociable little animals but will fight if housed wtih the same sex even two females will not get along and one will end up continuously hiding.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Gorgeous Geckos you have. I think i'm going to get a pair of these or a pair of small phelsuma sp.

Ed : victory:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
your set-up looks really cool!!!

the only thing i can say about these is they are great escape artists (especially in exo's).
make sure you have sealed all the holes at the top where the wires go through, and on top of the poly background as they can get down the back of it and get stuck.

food wise def try fruit baby food and fruit flies, also 1st/2nd size cickets.

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
im in the process of getting one of these lil stunners *fingers crossed*
so this thread has been really useful,stunning set ups too!
they really are beautiful lil geckos,shame there so small:lol2:

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
im getting mine next week,so i will be planting and sorting my tank this weekend am very excited: victory:

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
i used to have a small group of these keeped them in a exo terra 45 x 45 x 60 had uvb lights small heat bulb auto mister plastic plants so on. used to feed them baby lobster roaches and baby food mainly. i did get a few eggs stuck to the glass near the top but non hatched sold the group now as wanted to keep larger lizards mainly

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Nick

Can you tell me, is that an Exo terra 30x30x45cm terrarium that you’re using?. And can you tell me what you are using for lighting please?. Oh and also what plants you are using cheers lol.

PS. It looks a great set up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
my setups & work in progress

The current vivs;
Bamboo root, twisted vines, expanding foam.

Cork tubes, small vines, and expanding foam

Mopani wood, expanding foam

The living room carpet right now!
work in progress; juvenile raising vivs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts