Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres some pics of Pod, theyre not fantastic as they were taken on my mobile but show his developing colours well :)

Cant wait to see what him and my normal girlie produce :)

Couple of cheeky pics cause hes a nosey bugger (no pun intended :Na_Na_Na_Na:)

now his pretty blue :flrt:

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Oooh he's very pretty! Does the blue develop with age then? Or is there some indicator that they will be blue at birth? Either way I like that blue stripe, he's a two tony Baroni! :no1:

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he had that blue when he was younger and theyre born with that blue dorsal stripe but it just isnt as thick :) as they age it spreads thicker over their back and knds down their sides :) its been lovely watching him develop :)

Oooh he's very pretty! Does the blue develop with age then? Or is there some indicator that they will be blue at birth? Either way I like that blue stripe, he's a two tony Baroni! :no1:

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
he had that blue when he was younger and theyre born with that blue dorsal stripe but it just isnt as thick :) as they age it spreads thicker over their back and knds down their sides :) its been lovely watching him develop :)
I see, do you know if its dominant or recessive? I can feel the urge to add even more Baroni to my collection now, apparently there is a brown phase as well, which I haven't seen. I can't imagine it being as striking as the Blue or Green though but it would be very nice to have a varied group of them :mf_dribble:

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see, do you know if its dominant or recessive? I can feel the urge to add even more Baroni to my collection now, apparently there is a brown phase as well, which I haven't seen. I can't imagine it being as striking as the Blue or Green though but it would be very nice to have a varied group of them :mf_dribble:
the browns look like bubby rhinos :) vey cute :) broni ftw :no1:

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
Very nice and very strange!
He isn't a true blue phase, as blues are pure blue, rather than green with a blue stripe. As far as I am aware, the only breeders with true blue phase baroni are in the US. Blue phase hatchlings start off blue and stay blue.
It would be very interesting to see if the stripe you have is genetic, if it is you could have a first.
As well as brown and blue, there is also a yellow phase.

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice and very strange!
He isn't a true blue phase, as blues are pure blue, rather than green with a blue stripe. As far as I am aware, the only breeders with true blue phase baroni are in the US. Blue phase hatchlings start off blue and stay blue.
It would be very interesting to see if the stripe you have is genetic, if it is you could have a first.
As well as brown and blue, there is also a yellow phase.

hes getting more and more blue as he grows :) I'll have to send you pcs to show how its developed :) its over doubled in thickness in the last year :) hes also getting blue on his tummy too now :) its lovely :)

ill have to either find someone to split a clutch with or wait til sweetpea is old enough to see what comes out :)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
thats such a nice snake, i really want one.

·
Registered
454 Posts
:eek: cool snake, very different, would like to see it feeding?

·
Registered
815 Posts
That first picture made me 'squeeee'. You're lucky seeing that face everyday, he's just TOO cute. Love the colouring too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts