Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I got the shock of my life when I came into the living room and my Indian Ringneck parakeet, Indie was no-where to be seen.

I then noticed that the air vent on the back of my boa's viv was pushed out and was now lying in the coils of a VERY fat snake! :gasp:

Somehow, my parakeet had traversed along the back of the vivarium, climbed down to the air vent and managed to push it through (which is quite hard for me to do!). He had then gone inside the viv and been eaten by my gorgeous boa, Athena!

The problem is, is that she had eaten a large rat the day before and being that she is only a year old, she's not very big at all, so these meals will probably end up lasting her about 3 weeks!!!

I am very upset over the death of my Indie, but I think he has at least won a Darwin Award for the most stupid parrot! :lol2:

He will be missed :sad:

·
Registered
513 Posts
aww your poor parrot! but lol! it sounds like its from a comedy sketch!

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
**shakes head **

at least you found it funny i guess...

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
omg....

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
poor parrot least you can see the funny side of it though:hmm:

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
**shakes head **

at least you found it funny i guess...
This is what I was thinking. Personally I find this appauling. If it had happened in my home I certainly wouldn't be posting pics online, I'd be heartbroken and ashamed that I'd left a parakeet unsupervised in order for this to have happened at all.

·
Registered
52,162 Posts
I have disgusted myself with my laughter :(

RIP little bird :(

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
This is what I was thinking. Personally I find this appauling. If it had happened in my home I certainly wouldn't be posting pics online, I'd be heartbroken and ashamed that I'd left a parakeet unsupervised in order for this to have happened at all.
agrred people have strange sense of humours :whistling2:

Reminds me when i read on here that a member fed a his milk snake to his king cos the milk bit him then laughed about it :whip:

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Not the best idea keeping small snack sized pets loose near a boa though... Best find a way of securing those vents should you decide to get Indie Mk2.

Lets hope this doesn't end up as another weapon for the anti brigade... I can see the headlines now:

"Killer snake savagely devours cute little bird" etc etc

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
before we start with the 'its nature' brigade it clearly isnt when the bird has so called climbed into the snakes viv becuse it was left unattended poor thing didnt stand a chance...
bit of me doesnt quite beleive that it could of pulled vent off etc.,....

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
This one's going to be a 25 pager...

·
Registered
52,162 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Not the best idea keeping small snack sized pets loose near a boa though... Best find a way of securing those vents should you decide to get Indie Mk2.

Lets hope this doesn't end up as another weapon for the anti brigade... I can see the headlines now:

"Killer snake savagely devours cute little bird" etc etc
you been on the Daily Mail headline generator again?
:lol2:

To be fair the stupid bird broke into the boa tank :)

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
was thinking the same.
i really dont get some of the people on this forum...

BUT what confuses me more is...........

you said it ate a rat the day before so i guess the rat is behind the bird yes?

now this is what the bird looks like

so it only has one pivot-able joint which is its neck which would be its head...so there would be a lump if the head was to the side....yes?
Wings would close when the bird is swollowed

so what are these lumps?

looks more like pivot-able joints which look from the limbs/hips,shoulder blades from a mammal

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
agrred people have strange sense of humours :whistling2:

Reminds me when i read on here that a member fed a his milk snake to his king cos the milk bit him then laughed about it :whip:
How is that the same?
This was a complete mistake, its not like she fed the parrot to the snake isit.
There is nothing she can do about it now and is clearly gutted.
I would be just as gutted but would also end up laughing in the end..
thats how some people deal with things.
I personally see nothing wrong with the post, complete and utter mistake.

Come on guys put your tourches down.. this one doesnt need a witch hunt

1 - 20 of 234 Posts