Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a boa, I believe a BCI. According to previous owner he (or she, it's hard when previous owners don't even have their facts straight you know) is almost 3. He's a little over 5 feet long. I'm feeding him medium size rats every 2 weeks. So is this a normal size for this age, regardless of sex, and would it be ok if I moved the feedings to every 3 weeks?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
So I have a boa, I believe a BCI. According to previous owner he (or she, it's hard when previous owners don't even have their facts straight you know) is almost 3. He's a little over 5 feet long. I'm feeding him medium size rats every 2 weeks. So is this a normal size for this age, regardless of sex, and would it be ok if I moved the feedings to every 3 weeks?
Not all boas are huge. There's plenty of smaller boas and not just locality ones.
I've got a six year old at 5ft and always fed properly, depends alot on there bloodline.
A medium rat every 3 weeks is fine

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Not all boas are huge. There's plenty of smaller boas and not just locality ones.
I've got a six year old at 5ft and always fed properly, depends alot on there bloodline.
A medium rat every 3 weeks is fine

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk
^^^ This ^^^

In addition to the bloodline it also depends if there has been any crossing breeding between Bi and BC at some point. My male boa, is 6 next month and 12kg and 8' 5" in length. He gets a 300g rat or large quail every 3 weeks. He's always been fed between 14 and 21 day periods, and has a really healthy shape.

I agree with Rich, a medial rat every 14 days would be fine for your boa

·
Registered
567 Posts
Again, it really depends .. they are all so different. I know of someone that has a boa that never seem to stop growing ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts