Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do Boas hiss or breathe loudy pre-shedding my Boa Boaie has the clouded eyes and I'm curious if the hissing is a normal thing,
Now his eyes are no longer cloudy and I'm worried he maybe sick, he's not half as active either

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
their eye sight is impaired while shedding so hissing at you if you dont leave it alone would be normal, but if you are leaving it b i would definatly get it looked at and raise the environment up to optimal....
( is it a hiss or is it constant while breathing? any discharge from nostrils??)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Almost a sneezing sound I did leave him alone but then today he was all curled up and just making it while I examined him. He opens his mouth a lot :( I'm worried I don't know any reptile vets around Ireland only Dublin and that's a long way from where I live :(

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
it does sound like a resp infection....sry.. get those temps up!!!!!!!!!
(what are your viv temps at both ends???)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
its hard without seeing your set up but id suggest maintaining an ambient day temp of around 85 with a basking spot around 95 id leave this running for 14 hours a day with a night time ambient of 80 not below and see how you go.....

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
i wouldnt even give a night time drop whilst he is wheezing, keep it constantly nice and warm. give your local vets a ring and see if they know of any reptile vets closer to home?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts