Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
That's a really good care sheet with those little extra bits in there - like "why something is so and what can happen if not" rather than an instruction manual that can leave you asking questions.

Well done!

ps: left a positive rep for it but forgot to sign my name :/

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a really good care sheet with those little extra bits in there - like "why something is so and what can happen if not" rather than an instruction manual that can leave you asking questions.

Well done!

ps: left a positive rep for it but forgot to sign my name :/
Wooo, I'm back at the top :razz:...I don't think many people noticed it first time round.

On topic though...I wrote this care sheet just before I got my first snake (my boa) and had just finished researching everything for myself the first time round. I did ask quite a few extra questions myself that I thought other care sheets missed out...I guess more experienced keepers look over the basics because they forget what it was like being a newbie.

·
Registered
378 Posts
g8 care sheet m8

·
Registered
342 Posts
same as that cant see it

·
Registered
346 Posts
really informative caresheet. thanks. i'll keep reading the posts as well though. you can never learn too much can you & there's always some titbit that i might find usefull.

·
Registered
355 Posts
its a really good caresheet, very helpful info.
my only issue with it all is that i had a heatmat inside my boas viv (it was like that when i got it all as the boa is a rescue and came with its old viv) and had to take it out because it had burned the scales on the bottom of the boas tail from what only could of been prolonged periods of sitting on it.

i doubt this happens to all snakes that have a heatmat in the tank BUT unfortunately this heatmat WAS my boas only heatsource for an unknown amount of time before i got hold of him.

just thought id throw this out there just incase it helps anyone!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
its a really good caresheet, very helpful info.
my only issue with it all is that i had a heatmat inside my boas viv (it was like that when i got it all as the boa is a rescue and came with its old viv) and had to take it out because it had burned the scales on the bottom of the boas tail from what only could of been prolonged periods of sitting on it.

i doubt this happens to all snakes that have a heatmat in the tank BUT unfortunately this heatmat WAS my boas only heatsource for an unknown amount of time before i got hold of him.

just thought id throw this out there just incase it helps anyone!
Were you using a thermostat at the time?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts