Reptile Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
If you read the thread you would have seen that the OP snake has sadly passed away !

Secondly, AFAIK [email protected] still provide frozen rodents as food, but you have to ask for them as they are not kept in the store (at least not at my local branch). They used to buy from Monkfield's who are a large wholesaler in the UK, and as such any rodents sold as food would have had to have been culled under the UK guidelines, meaning humanely gassed using Co2. It's very doubtful that any Co2 inhaled by the rat as part of that process, if at all possible, would have resulted in the death of the snake.
They are in our store. They have a small freezer next to the reptiles and another one further down the store. If what you require isn't there, an assistant will go out the back and see if they have what's needed in the freezer out there. One rat came from the shop freezer, the other the assistant had to go and get from the freezer out the back of the store.

One of those rats had something wrong with it even though, to me, it looked fine. Either way, I will not be getting my snake food from PaH again. I've lost my beloved Boa because of it. Now I'm paranoid about my other Boa.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
I've lost my beloved Boa because of it. Now I'm paranoid about my other Boa.
Whilst I'm not a fan of [email protected], you have no proof that was the case. If you had had a vet perform a necropsy and it confirmed that the cause of death was down to the rat then you would have the evidence to pursue a claim against [email protected] for your loss. Without that evidence the death could have been unrelated to the meal.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts