Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I got my baby Boa on Friday and she is beautiful, only thing is her eyes are all black. I just wondered if this is normal or if there is something wrong with her, as all the pictures I've seen of Boas they all have slits in their eyes? She seems to be able to see fine out of both eyes as she is very aware of movements around her and she seems healthy in all other aspects: alert, strong, able to support herself well when climbing, well filled out (not under weight). She is around 2ft long. I'm pretty sure she isn't shedding as her eyes are black, NOT blue. So like I said, is this a normal thing or does anybody know if that means there could be something wrong with her?

I'm not sure how to post a photograph but I do have one if anybody can tell me how to upload one.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
upload pics to imgur or photobucket then copy and paste the link in your post

Use the message board and forum link

Reactions: Lydia171

·
Registered
13,305 Posts
If you upload some pics to your profile album (which is easier) I can upload them for you before I go to work if you are about before 9.30am : victory:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Boa's do have a sort of diamond shaped pupil,like many other snakes,maybe it is just his pupils contracting to shut out the light-just a thought,I honestly don't know.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I've noticed that my boas' eyes go black when they are in feeding mode - and I mean completely black, almost like a shark!! My large female used to do it and both my dwarf boas do it. That's the only time I've ever seen it to be honest, the rest of the time their eyes appear normal (ie with the pupil and different colour striations through them).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts