Reptile Forums banner
101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Excellent when you see how her natural pattern blends in against the background, almost disappears :)

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Great thread this. I love boas. I would have one again in a shot if I had the space. Although I am toying with the idea of a Caye Caulker or Crawl. ;)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Little add-on installed. 2k pan&tilt camera with night vision ... gotta check what she is up to during the night :p

And yes, her name is Squeezy ;)

Wished had a better zoom, but it'll do :)

Next test tonight when it's dark ...

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Also installed remote hygro- and thermometer ...

Now I am ready for a weekend trip next months. So if things go south I can drive back home (only gonna be 2hr drive away from home).

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Small mod .. Wasn't happy with the humidity and heat on the colder side. The hot side panel is relatively large so it affected the cold side where the gradient was a bit unstable. Which in itself isn't the problem as in the wild temps aren't stable either but ambient temp barely dropped under 80F

So added some PC fans to the ceiling acting as exhaust basically

And of course covered holes with mesh ..

Not pretty but functional ... temps are a LOT more stable.

Current temps on the floor:

Then when I mentioned to @retic666 that I had a camera in there too he said 'oh cool, may be able to record her shedding. First thought 'God dammit Russ' - because a. I need SD cards for continuous recording and b. I need a second camera to cover the hot hide ... due to the large heat panels I couldn't find a better location - hence two ...

Well, your fault Russ - now I really want to catch her shedding.

And yes I am fully aware that she will likely now shed in her hide lol ....

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Could have saved yourself a lot of time and hassle... I looked back through the build and notice that there wasn't any vents installed. You could have simply added a vent low down in the r/h side wall, or bottom left hand corner of the rear panel, and another at the top of the L/H side wall or top right hand corner of the rear panel. This would have created a natural flow of air as some of the warmer air would rise up through the top vent, and draw cooler fresher air in form the low side. If adjustable vents were used you could control the air flow to suit.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Funny thing is @Malc - in my previous enclosures I never needed vents ... this time is the first time I used those thick backgrounds all around - which made a big difference.

You can see in other people's build threads I even suggest adjustable vents but as I say - never needed them.

But it isn't time and hassle tbh ... putting those three fans in took five minutes - and holes I drilled previously not much longer :) Great thing about wood - easy to work with and fix if needed :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Small mod .. Wasn't happy with the humidity and heat on the colder side. The hot side panel is relatively large so it affected the cold side where the gradient was a bit unstable. Which in itself isn't the problem as in the wild temps aren't stable either but ambient temp barely dropped under 80F

So added some PC fans to the ceiling acting as exhaust basically

View attachment 352016

And of course covered holes with mesh ..

View attachment 352017

Not pretty but functional ... temps are a LOT more stable.

Current temps on the floor:
View attachment 352018

Then when I mentioned to @retic666 that I had a camera in there too he said 'oh cool, may be able to record her shedding. First thought 'God dammit Russ' - because a. I need SD cards for continuous recording and b. I need a second camera to cover the hot hide ... due to the large heat panels I couldn't find a better location - hence two ...

Well, your fault Russ - now I really want to catch her shedding.

View attachment 352019

View attachment 352020

And yes I am fully aware that she will likely now shed in her hide lol ....
Hahaha be hilarious if she does

101 - 116 of 116 Posts