Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got one of my boa's out and noticed that she keeps opening her mouth very slighty then every so oftern she will open it really wide, when you look in her mouth she seems to have saliva in it, she also wheezes very slighty, almost sounds like a hissing noise. Is this normal??????

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
if she isnt going in for a shed i would check temps and humidity and then if persists it is most likely a ri and needs anti-biotics usually

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only got it on monday night, she/he is over 7 foot, does anyone know of a vet that will see a snake that size in stanstead airport area?

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Mayh not be an RI all snakes will occasionally yawn my boa does it fairly often. As for the "weezing" its 7 ft so it could just be deep breathing boas are good at making sounds lol

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mayh not be an RI all snakes will occasionally yawn my boa does it fairly often. As for the "weezing" its 7 ft so it could just be deep breathing boas are good at making sounds lol

I really hope so, one of my other boas does it some times, more oftern that not if she is in the bath.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
check temps if its too hot could be thermo-regulating this way (opening mouth)

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
No bought from essex. Why?
i went to see a large adult in blackpool , soon has i looked at her , nostrils were crusty , mucus dripping from mouth ,

told owner to get her to vets quick was ri and she had had it a while

then next day she emailed me to say snake was clear now and had shed
( no chance of been clear in one day)

this was a preloved advert ,

i even opened her mouth and it was full mucus

the tank was a 6ft tank with one 100 wat heat bulb no guard or anything

so looks like they will just sell this to some poor person , they even asked me if i wanted to take her for free, which i replied no chance not going 100 miles near my collection

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont blame you mate wouldnt want it near mine either. Mine has gone blue now so, I am hoping it was just because it was coming into shed. Whats the chances of that being the reason? I have turned up the temp to 92 now and it seems a little better. So fingers crossed

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I had one like this once he was just a heavy breather, one of mine does it when shes nervous but after being out for 5 mines shes ok

1 - 20 of 26 Posts