Reptile Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't suppose anyone can tell me what kind of boa she is can they? Or is she just a really nice looking normal! :2thumb:

·
Banned
1,854 Posts
look like a boa constrictor imperator to me mate.
lovely one by the way.. looks just like my little one.
but if you wana know the true locality of that boa.... need to do a scale count.

·
Registered
416 Posts
i'm not too sure...its best to wait for someone more qualified than me to say :lol2:
but shes absolutly lovely:no1:

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not sure but that is one stunning boa !! :no1:
Thank's hun!

look like a boa constrictor imperator to me mate.
lovely one by the way.. looks just like my little one.
but if you wana know the true locality of that boa.... need to do a scale count.
I already have 2 common boa's and she look's nothin like them which made me wonder, she does have lovely circle's on her back and is grey/salmon in colour. How would i go about doing a scale count??

i'm not too sure...its best to wait for someone more qualified than me to say :lol2:
but shes absolutly lovely:no1:
She's a real softie too!

·
Banned
1,854 Posts
hard when theyre young mate.. as they get bigger its easier, when they shed you count the scales almost like a arrow shape across its back.. there is a book that explains it in detail and has all the common boas etc etc in it.. worth getting.. i swear by it now, its called : The Complete Boa Constrictor. worth the 30 odd quid on amazon. :2thumb:

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hard when theyre young mate.. as they get bigger its easier, when they shed you count the scales almost like a arrow shape across its back.. there is a book that explains it in detail and has all the common boas etc etc in it.. worth getting.. i swear by it now, its called : The Complete Boa Constrictor. worth the 30 odd quid on amazon. :2thumb:
Cheer's for that snake, i have a book called Designer Morph's by John Berry (signed) but i don't think there's anything in that about scale count's, think i may need to invest in another book! :lol2:

Is that scale count anywhere on their back or a certain place?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Very nice mate, looks like it could be a hogg island x common

·
Banned
1,854 Posts
its across the back.. go for the middle of the snake think it says.. and it goes from one side up to like a point in middle and back to the other side, explains it all in that book.. and has in each locality and breed of boa their details and the amount in scale counts so you can identify yours exactly.. i would reccomend it to anyone thats into boas.. its 30 somethin quid on amazon.co.uk
:welcome:

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice mate, looks like it could be a hogg island x common
Ooooh that would be nice!

its across the back.. go for the middle of the snake think it says.. and it goes from one side up to like a point in middle and back to the other side, explains it all in that book.. and has in each locality and breed of boa their details and the amount in scale counts so you can identify yours exactly.. i would reccomend it to anyone thats into boas.. its 30 somethin quid on amazon.co.uk
:welcome:
I think i could be investing in one of those book's! (i'm off to the rep shop saturday!) :whistling2:

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cheaper on amazon mate, trust me.. its over 40 quid in norm shops.
Ah yes but the shop i go to is a very good friend of mine who may knock me some money off if i ask him nicely! :flrt:

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
going by the colour could have a little hogg island in it i have a pair of f1 cross's that are like that but with more pink & orange on them

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
fair enough then mate.. lovely boa you have there though whatever strain it is..

btw like the fangs an that in the sig pic, ;)
She is a cutie! and i wish the fang's were real!

going by the colour could have a little hogg island in it i have a pair of f1 cross's that are like that but with more pink & orange on them

Thank's for that matey she really does look like the one on the left and she does have a bit of pink and orange on her but i can't pick it up very well wit my camera phone!

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyone else have any idea's?

·
Registered
5,747 Posts

from the pics i can see there is nothing that points me in way of bcc. not widdow peak saddles or red tail.

i'd say its a common bci. tbh if its a cross you will never find out and without sounding harsh ist hardly summat tos hout about: victory:

daniel

1 - 18 of 18 Posts