Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from the reading i have done there are a few types of boas which will grow to around 6ft has anyone got pasific info for these types and what are they
maybe a price but still in the research stage first though just wondered about them really

had a look at a boa both red tail and common had was very impressed at the looks of them so would like to know abit more about them

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
There is alot of people who will say this is a Red Tailed Boa but in fact they are plain Boa Constrictors. True red tails are quiet pricey! Surinames are probably the most common? Could be wrong there though...

Most BCI types will grow to around 6-7 ft for males and 8-9 ft for females with a girth as thick as your thigh. These figures are average though and a boa could easily go above those...

If you don't want anything that will grow over 6ft good places to start are Kenyan Sand Boas or perhaps a Hogg Island Boa. These are the smaller types...

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
If you go to a breeder and see the parents of the baby (like I did) that should give you a rough idea of how big your baby will grow to.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Rainbows get to this size and are slimmer

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
info on hog island boas is what i was after

had considered a BRB but from what iv seen they canbe hard to look after and require a certain level or experiance and i have only owned two royals for three months

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Columbian Rainbow Boas get a similar size to BRBs but are slightly easier to look after, they still require a higher humidity than others but not as much so as the BRBs, they are semi aboreal & some like to climb some like to burrow (i have one of each) but they are amazing to watch & they most placid little things, as long as you do your reasearch & check temps & humidities regularly you should have no probs :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts