Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any advice on this would be great,as you all know i have had my red tail boa for about 2 months now.i'm not too concerned but he still hasn't shed yet,he is eating well and is very active.he's very friendly but i thought he may of shed at least once by now.so any advice from any boa owners would be great.

cheers

·
Registered
301 Posts
maybe he's just growing slowly?have you seen him turn blue or his eyes cloud over?

we have a young ramseys python that eats like a pig but compared to our young royals he hardly ever sheds.our baby royals shed about once a month,i think the ramseys python has shed twice in about 4 months,so im sure your snake will be fine

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
I got a common Boa on the 3/8/06, she was about 5 weeks old and has shed 3 times since i've had her.All snakes are different though, it might be a slow grower or mine might be a fast grower, i think they grow faster if you over feed them but they dont live as long, same as they grow slower if you under feed them.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he's not turned blue or clouded over,i guess it's just a waiting game.like i said im not concerned,but was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same thing.

·
Registered
597 Posts
my first boa took forever to shed, i think it was about 4 months after i had him that he had his first shed, then he had 2 in one month and then another 2 months went past before he shed again...

i guess some snakes just have odd patterns of shedding, nothing to worry about though, atleast i dont think

·
Registered
78 Posts
our first boa took about 5 months to shed, and the same too poo, even though she was feeding fine, i bought fogging units and 2 vet trips -all unnecessary- as when she was ready she gave a full shed and a massive poo. Only thing i would say is mist yours daily so when she does shed it will be a good one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts