Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna get 1 but not sure what...what is everyone elses opinion of these big snakes...not sure what type either...pics welcome

cheers

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
BOA!!!!

My personal opinion is Boas are much heavier stronger snakes but they don't have the colour of some pythons like carpets..... You also run the risk of a boa getting bigger.

but boas every time for me!

·
Registered
400 Posts
hi i have had a royal and great snakes , at the weekend im getting a boa and not sure what they are like so im not sure, your prob best looking round reptile sites and seeing which ones you like most, then deciding, :D

·
Registered
352 Posts
Both! :D

I've got a dwarf crawl cay boa who is a star and when it comes to Pythons I don't disagree with Maki when he is so definately right! :D

Have fun shopping!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
serpentkid100 said:
i wanna get 1 but not sure what...what is everyone elses opinion of these big snakes...not sure what type either...pics welcome

cheers
like everything there are smaller versions of the snake familys...not all are giants :wink:
spotted pythons,childrens pythons,sandboa,rosy boas,carpets,rainbow boas

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Pythons - specifically Carpets.

To me they look better than Boas and are easier to handle.

Boas can get big and they spend a lot of time on the floor, where Carpet pythons will climb and make great display animals.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
I like the diversity in the python family, though I actually prefer the smaller ones like the spotteds.
Im not mad keen on any boids though.. so cant say Ive ever thought about owning one!

·
Registered
324 Posts
God thats a hard one! I love both, mate. I have no preference. But i do spend more time with my green trees than with my newly instated hog island... But i love both boas and pythons... If i had to pick on, gun to head, i would say boas as when most people say python they are refering to the burms and the retics and the anacondas you know and i'm definatly not into those rediculusly large snakes... so Boas i guess...

·
Registered
641 Posts
Anacondas are boas :wink:

I prefer pythons and that's what 99% of my collection is right now, but there's some boas I'd really like to get too. Don't be put off by the size with boids though, as someone said above there's so many species in the sub 5ft range...

Good luck with whatever you choose 8)

·
Registered
324 Posts
oldelpaso said:
I was just saying that both the pythons and boas have members that i do not particularly like, i didn't say that they were pythons mate... did i? Maybe my post suggests that but i didn't mean to say it, sorry.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cheers, i guess i will probs get a boa too start, probs a common boa....an a python later on i guess...its a hard choice it will prob be a go it an see which 1 i like most...lol, thanks for all your help guys

·
Registered
641 Posts
andysharpe said:
oldelpaso said:
I was just saying that both the pythons and boas have members that i do not particularly like, i didn't say that they were pythons mate... did i? Maybe my post suggests that but i didn't mean to say it, sorry.
No need to apologise lol :roll:

You said that when people mention pythons they are referring to anacondas, which looks like you and others thought anacondas were pythons. That's all... 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts