Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i get my new boa next week does any one no wat heat they use the woman im buying her of says it blows out the heat and that it uses a humidifier has any one got any pictures of the equipment that they need so i can see it also has any one got any ideas of where to buy it from if any one has any pics of the set up with a boa could you please send me it she is 8 foot and 4 yrs old does any one have an idea of there tempermant

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
depending on size m8...

if its cb07 and still small... heatmat...

if in a viv... ceramic on thermostat...

cant think of anythign that would blow heat... and would of thught that was dangerous m8

if this is your first snake.. do some reading... doesnt seem like you know what your getting yourself into :S.... look on care sheet section.. im sure there is alot there :D

peace

James

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
If your not 100% sure on set up etc, 8 foot of boa might be a bit much for ya, especially if you are unsure of the snakes nature. Read a book and get a young un! :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
yeah my 07 is just in a medium contico with hides and water bowl obviously and shes on a heat mat :)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
yeah ill add that to mine to lol

I dnt think its all that bad though because obviously they dnt start off 8 foot so it will grow with ur knowledge and everything else.

But they get big!

If you want a little snake go for a corn :) they are beautiful and they dnt get too big either :)

Lee

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts
yeah ill add that to mine to lol

I dnt think its all that bad though because obviously they dnt start off 8 foot so it will grow with ur knowledge and everything else.

But they get big!

If you want a little snake go for a corn :) they are beautiful and they dnt get too big either :)

Lee
The one in the OP IS 8ft already.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
oh my bad lol

yeah maybe not the best snake then mate

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
their temprement can vary ... depending on how much they have been handled.... what environment they ahve been kept in.. and what food they have been fed/how often...

their setup for that size should be 5x3x3 (my 7ft is in 6x3x3) from what iv heard... a snake is happyest in a viv when thy can stretch down 2 sizes... but my 7fter likes to climb and stuff so i got bigger...

ceramic guarded and stated... unsure on wattage as we use a ceramic and rep radiator to heat the 6x3x3 but the 5x1.5x2 that we have .. is heated by a ceramic + stat ...

with regular handing.. the snake should tame... 7ft came to us as agressive.. ahs only struck once.. and that was foolishness on my dads part letting the dog sniff him.. muppet..

but he is silly tame around humans :D

and there is always the exeption... my cb 07 normaly realy placid.. 2day stuck for my face... first time for everything

peace

James

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Is she using a Microclimate AHS? Microclimate AHS Heater - this is good for heating large enclosures, I am using heat mats and ceramics on pulse stats to heat my boa's this seems to do the job just fine, obviously you will need to ensure stable ambient heat and be able to offer both a hot spot and cooler area so thet they can regulate their own temp.
I use a water spray bottle to keep the humidity up but have been looking recently at an auto unit - I am fundamentally a lazy sod - lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts