Reptile Forums banner

Boa shedding advice wanted

253 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  dragonlady20 
#1 ·
Hi I have posted a couple of times before my boa is 10 years old I've only had him for a couple of months he was under weight when I had him and the set up was all wrong we've sorted that out now and for the last 4 weeks he's been eating a XLRG rat he shed two weeks ago and he's shed again tonight is this normal to shed so soon after last one sorry if I sound thick but i've only had corns before thanks

#4 ·
If he was underweight and has been eating on a weekly basis then I would say he's just putting weight on.

When he's put a bit of weight back on I would drop his food down to once every 3-4 weeks at his age so he doesn't get fat.

Reactions: Rogue665
#5 ·
i got my boa around 2 month ago she was under weight and in shed when i got her then 2-3 week later shed again i think its when they are filling back out, in the 2 month ive had her she as shedded the day i got her a two other times as well

#7 ·
glad he is looking better i stick to one big meal every week now some weeks my female was taking two rats which was ok to get her upto size but now sticking to the one meal lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.