Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
I have a boa that was originally from a friends shop. He had some sort of neurological problem, so i took him. He was fine at the shop but a few months after bringing him home he started hating me :p and i mean hating me, he wont strike at the tub or anything but the moment i try getting him out he'll go loopy. I've started even ensuring i have sleeves pulled down my wrist. As no matter how much i hold him he still strikes to no end. Still working on calming him though.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Haha they are as well.... When I chose a rat for my boa on the weekend the pet shop guy asked me if it was ok as it was Black lol. Luckily my boa isn't racist! She loves ALL rats the little piggy would never stop eating!!!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Haha they are as well.... When I chose a rat for my boa on the weekend the pet shop guy asked me if it was ok as it was Black lol. Luckily my boa isn't racist! She loves ALL rats the little piggy would never stop eating!!!
Ha, my royal is a fully fledged member of the KKK. If it isn't white, he isn't touching it.

Fussy bugger.

·
Registered
343 Posts
my husbands boa loves him but hates me. hes always got that look of "1 day im gonna get you". i think hes a woman hater :lol2:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
my husbands boa loves him but hates me. hes always got that look of "1 day im gonna get you". i think hes a woman hater :lol2:
Probably just telling you to get back to the kitchen :whistling2:

One of my old royals hated everything, even food :bash:

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
i did see someone post about their racist snake once lol...evidently their friends had a good enough sense of humour to see the funny side though!

some of my snakes, that have calmed down alot since i got them, still get scared when someone else is in the room. for example, my soppy big blood, who is fine with me, starts breathing faster and tenses up.
it must be the unfamiliarity of the smell.

·
Registered
142 Posts
its usually a sexist thing instead of a racist thing female snakes will take better to male owners and male snakes better to female owners all my males when i first got them would tagg me even ones i would handle in shops every male would try bite me but every female would be fine and gentle

·
Registered
343 Posts
Probably just telling you to get back to the kitchen :whistling2:
hes stuffed there then my husband always does the cooking :Na_Na_Na_Na: im resigned to cleaning & looking after everything :lol2:

·
Registered
8,586 Posts
2 of my royals have had my oh mwah ha har.....(touch wood neithers gone for me) it was both the girlies so im putting it down to them being little tarts :lol2:

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have a boa that was originally from a friends shop. He had some sort of neurological problem, so i took him. He was fine at the shop but a few months after bringing him home he started hating me :p and i mean hating me, he wont strike at the tub or anything but the moment i try getting him out he'll go loopy. I've started even ensuring i have sleeves pulled down my wrist. As no matter how much i hold him he still strikes to no end. Still working on calming him though.
Well let me know if you want another! I got a pair and while the guy was there was handling them both fine - then he left and the female has gone insane. She tries to go for me at any opportunity...feeding her is easy! :gasp: She seems to like men but just not me! Argh...let me go and "bump" my ad on the classifieds again! :lol2:

·
Registered
888 Posts
I have never noticed that with snakes but I did used to have a Bosc monitor that hated black people.I used to take him for walks on a lead and he was great he would let people and kids come over and stroke him no problem- however if he saw a black person ( man or woman) he would hiss, stand up on his back legs showing of his dick and crap and piss all over the place and if they got too close he would go for them. It was amazing to see his reaction but embaressing to explain

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
My 6ft boa Pepper is a lovley snake, and doesnt strike out at all, but my girlfriends sister come over once to see the collection, and Pepper went nuts striking at the glass, at her, a few weeks later she come over again and the same thing happend, needles to say she wont go near her viv ever again lol.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
They can be funny buggers! We've a dwarf boa who refuses black food items, its very weird! We've even given him the choice, we'll leave him alone with a mouse of each colour and he'll consistently only eat the white one!

We've a female rainbow boa who is terrified of heights too! If you hold her while standing up, she grips so tight she'll cut off blood supply to your hand. Sit with her on the sofa, where she can see the nearest surface is close and she'll relax, the male doesn't care either way.

I think perfume or deodorant can play a big part, also the other person's response to the snake. My brother in law is terrified and I'm sure the snakes "feel it", one of our most quiet animals went for him for no reason, just his anxiousness, we think, may have made the snake feel threatened.

·
Registered
413 Posts
ALL carpet pythons seem to dislike me...

Was in a pet shop looking at some new arrivals in their rubs and everytime I went anywhere near any of them they would start tail rattling, striking at the box etc but as soon as I went away they stopped. Anyone else went near and they were back to being lovely, adorable snakes wanting new homes... Strange!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts