Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I have just read that two Boas can't be in the same Viv, yet I have been told they can stay together??

HELP!

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
yes it is better to house them individually unless breeding

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Personally I wouldn't, and don't

·
Registered
13,987 Posts
Hi!

I have just read that two Boas can't be in the same Viv, yet I have been told they can stay together??

HELP!
dont even MENTION boas living together!!!!!

ninjas will sneak into your house...
and steal your kids/dogs/cats and fruit?
it will be VERY bad for you!!!!

if your breeding you can only have them together for
30second periods!!

or peeps on here will KILL you

hope this helps

ian

·
Registered
35,069 Posts
I don't cohabit boas, but some people do. However if you do you need to be cautious of the sex's and ages of the snakes. Males together can be a problem, and an underage female with a male can be a problem.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts

30second periods!!

hope this helps

ian
what ian said:lol2:

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
There are no benefits to the boas to being housed together - there's nothing good they get that they wouldn't get if they were housed alone.

There is only one benefit to the person who's housing the boas together - only needing one cage.

There are quite a few risks introduced by housing the boas together (competition, stress, premature breeding if you've got a pair of youngsters) that don't exist if you house them separately.

There are expenses to the keeper that are introduced by housing the boas together - if one gets sick, you'll need to have a vet treat both, and that's twice the costs for medicine, and you might have to buy a second setup ANYWAY if the boas don't get along and one is clearly suffering for the fact that it's not alone.

So although you *can* house them together, in my opinion the negatives far outweigh the one positive.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I have a male and female of the same age. Albino Hets. We do intend to breed them in the future though

Again different opinions here. Still confused??

·
Registered
1,831 Posts

30second periods!!

hope this helps

ian
All true although I have also heard that 30 seconds is to long for the breeding. I wouldnt pay much attention to Ian though cos he is a trinket snake breeder :lol2:

·
Registered
13,987 Posts
All true although I have also heard that 30 seconds is to long for the breeding. I wouldnt pay much attention to Ian though cos he is a trinket snake breeder :lol2:
you can use a sheet with a hole cut in it!!
like the hasidik jews do!!
PS. trinkets and boas are very similar
BCC
BCI
BCT

hope this doesnt help

ian

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We have brought them as a pair. We have been told they willbe fine together, although not to feed them together! So we will feed them separate in feeding boxes.
Very confused!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts