Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv just finished building a 4'x2'x2 viv and am about to start work on a 6'x2'x2' (the 4 footer was an experiment really).
Im not sure what to house in the new viv, torn between boas and pythons. I like the look of dwarf retics and red tailed boas (got an eye on an albino too) but can't decide.

So, which make better pets? Boas or pythons?

Cheers all :)

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
depends on how experienced you are really pythons are regarded as more aggresive than boas as far as im aware. and dependin on what species of boa/python your looking at pythons are bigger

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Quite a size difference between a BCC and a Retic, for that size viv then BCC.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
a boa would probably be easier to start with. retics can be very aggressive at feeding time and his may put the inexperienced off. although they are mostly alright if you are slow and respectful.
i prefer boa's at the moment. but only coz i've found it easier to get my boa's to breed! i much prefer the look of pythons though and that is why i have lots more of them than the boa's

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
there are many types or boas and python all are good are you looking for some thing that's a bit of a challenge or something simple
Biggest snake iv got is my 4ft royal. I like a challenge but don't want to be getting tagged all the time. I don't mind big snakes as long as they're not too thick, i don't want to have to get a mate round every time i wanna handle it ya know?

Dwarf retics look great. All the boas i like (anerys/surinames/binos/sunglows) are SOOOOOOO pricey id need to save for a year to get one :(

Any ideas?

P.S. Got a het albino bci that'l wanna breed in a few years.

·
Premium Member
16,486 Posts
Boa - every time - night or day

1 - 10 of 10 Posts