Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have heared recently that boa's (don't know what type) will only grow as big as the space they are in e.g in a small tank it will stay smaal in a big tank it will get big... this don't sound right to me..

is this true ??

thanks
tj

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
thats a load of sh*t!! Dont believe everything you hear!! lol I would suggest that the minimum requirements for most snakes would be a viv about 2/3rds - 3/4s of the snakes lenght, however i like to have a viv thats at least the same length of the snake if not longer, though may have to reconsider that when my boas get 8ft+ lol :D

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Glad to be of help, now everyones knows that squeezing thier 9ft boa into a 4ft box is not gonna stop it growing :D

·
Banned
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol when i heard it (my aunts m8 told my aunt) i thought nah that i thought nah that can't be right but she was so convincing i had to check lol anyways thanks again

Tj :D

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
You can stunt a boas growth to a certain extent... basically feed them once a week until they reach 6, 7, 8ft then reduce the prey item down to once every 2/3 weeks and they won't get much bigger.... as for little box little snake, thats total crap!

Basic i.e. min requirements for a boa is 1 sq ft of floor space to every ft of boa... That is what I would call a min requirement though, obviously more is better

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
no!!! i think its true for fish but definatley not snakes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts