Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya

Can anyone recommend any Viv/terrarium thermometers that are tough, ie that don't break in 2 weeks and start giving readings of -50c (sorry but I refuse to believe my spare room is that cold) :bash:

I have 2 tortoises and a crestie, soon to have a Leo, and eventually a rankins, and I have to say, genereally, touch wood, equipment is pretty reliable, except digital thermometers, which I seem to go through at a rate of knots :censor:.

My tortoises are little hooligans and stomp all over the probes (yes I've tried putting them out of reach but that kind of defeats the object doesn't it, I have to measure the temp where they are)

The thermometer in my Leo's Viv (which isn't even occupied yet) has broken and been replaced once already and is now reading way off again (yes I have complained)

And now the cool end probe in my cresties Viv says its -50c, it isn't ! Luckily I have an infra red thermometer so I can double check, I've ended up playing musical thermometers and I'm being driven to distraction

So are there any thermometers that are reliable and robust ? I've been using the cheaper lucky reptile ones thus far plus a few none specific ones from eBay

Heather

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
The lucky reptile infer red thermometor is amazing, about £20 but i use it to check all my temps in all the vivs. I've had it about 3 years now and its awesome. I got mine from Livefood UK Ltd. Top Quality Livefood Direct from the farm to your door. Its still spot on as well.

I havn't use digi ones since i got it. .I just use it to acuratly check all the temps every so often.

Jay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts