Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We want to go abroad next year, me, the hubby and 2 kids, does anyone reccomend a good travel company to use and where do you reccomend.

We are thinking of either Bulgaria, Greek Islands or Malta what do you think?

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
I just booked our honeymoon with thomas cook cruise line... went into the travel agents and they quoted us £200 more than the internet price and couldn't even give us any bonuses or upgrades (and we were spending 3k...)

So my advice is search online for deals, then check it out with the local travel agent, see if they can beat it... but if they can't, stick to booking online :)

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
dont go to bulgeria with kids, my auntie went and said it was like blackpool!!!! go to greece, it is amazing, been there three times and would go again!!!!! best place ever, trust me you would abserloutly love it!!!! we went to zante, dont know were about it is but it was great!!!! but beware of the rivers, they are full of venamous snakes!!! this is the place that got me interested in reptiles!!!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't realise how some places are lol

·
Registered
543 Posts
dont go to bulgeria with kids, my auntie went and said it was like blackpool!!!! go to greece, it is amazing, been there three times and would go again!!!!! best place ever, trust me you would abserloutly love it!!!! we went to zante, dont know were about it is but it was great!!!! but beware of the rivers, they are full of venamous snakes!!! this is the place that got me interested in reptiles!!!
Bulgaria's lovely..i went with my kids! Spose it depends which part you go to,i went to golden sands and i can safely say it is NOTHING like blackpool lol

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My hubby says anyone been to Montenegro?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sounds great

·
Registered
999 Posts
If it was just the two of you I would have 100% recommended Kefalonia (sometimes spelled Cephalonia) - it is a most beautiful Greek Island (made famous by the Captain Corelli's (sp) mandolin book which you should read while there).

Problem is, not too sure if there is enough there to keep the kids happy.

I would go back there tomorrow with the wife but our kids prefer Butlins (oh well).

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
don't use any holiday sites!
What i've found is that hotels charge per room and tour ops charge per person. If you decide where you want to go, book the hotel you want, then book the flights at the time you want - non of this stupid o'clock flighing - and then book transfers. You should save a load of money.
Last year i did my usual liver killing trip to Kavos and paid €17 a night for the room and £120 for the flights. for 2 people that cost £320 + transfers. The transfer was over £100 as i chose a taxi instead of a coach.
The flights got us there mid afternoon and came back mid afternoon.

If i'd have gone through a tour op it'd have cost around £500 and arrived there at about 1am then a 2 hour coach trip with the return trip meaning being kicked out of the room at 11am and waiting around till midnight to catch a 4am flight home.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts