Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent half an hout typing out a reply to a thread explaining a healthy Bosc Diet and why its not the same feeding boscs mice and snakes mice/ yada yada yada,how their food is processed, etc etc went to post it and the chuffin thread had been locked . why do people feel the need to get rude and personal, that thread had some good points raised (the bosc and geckos thread) then people get to calling names and getting personal :evil: (not to me )
Perhaps it would have made more sence to delete the offending posts ?
I give up :(

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Sorry hun :( It was locked on the request of the threads author. There were also lots of offending posts, so it probably would have lost continuity if I'd have taken any out.

If you still have the reply Im sure people would be interested - maybe you could start a new thread about bosc diet?

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
wohic im interested and I want the topic to continue afresh. this information is really useful to share and debate and we can learn new things and new ideas. I'd love to hear what you have to say. I dont know about snake digestion and the difference between a reptile so i'd be keen to know.

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I lost it :( as soon as you go back it resets the posting box ,
ah well, when I have time perhaps i will, I was on a roll though, had some really valid points ect, even read it out to hubby who said it was a really good piece,
thanks for the appology, its not your fault the fools spoil it sometimes.And by the fools I dont mean Blazey (edited incase she thought I ment her :shock: )

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
it'd be good if u could change the thread name to whats its related to and then we can carry on discussing boscs, i found quite an interesting but not complete piece of research i'd like to share.

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeh its a topic worth continuing , too tired tonight though.

I will say though that animals spend millions of years evolving to their specific diet, that diet is suitable for them but may be leathal to a different species (can you imagine a sheep brough up on mice :shock: or a loin on hay :lol: )

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
just like dogs are poisoned by chocolate and cats cant have milk or coffee :p i read that in a whiskas kitten book before anyone asks about the coffee. I don't know the name of whiskas researcher but im sure they are trustworthy :lol:

Out of interested wohic what age do female boscs begin to lay eggs? Thumper is a lady isnt she?

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahh now theres a thing, I am leaning towards ale now :lol:
I believe they are mature at about 18 months but have been known to lay at 12 months.
I have to be honest I have not really looked in to the breeding side of things as i simply do not have the space for a breeding pit.

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
actually its late, I am not leaning towards Ale (i dont even drink :lol: ) I ment Male !!!

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
kk well my south african friend said usually at 3 yrs! so this is definate conflicting stuff. dont seem to be able to find the answer in my books. quite frustrating!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
yeah as said continue it here Wohic :)
last thread was intresting for sure
boscs are nice lizards...i looked after a friends pair(one was about 2.5ft and other was 3ft) while he went on holiday...just like big bearded dragons character wise to me :D
if only hypos and albinos were availiable here i like those :cry:

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think mine is almost albino.........

here is a skin shot

and the man himself

His nails are clear as well, he would probably be good for a breeding project.

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Blazey, three is probably the ideal breeding age, rather like cornsnakes, that could in theort breed at 18 months, it is not recommended that you breed until they are fully mature at 3. Just because something is capable of reproduction it does not mean it is mature and developed enough.

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not albino eyes

but lovely never the less :)

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Wow!! I posted on the previous thread and it all went wild!!

So as this is diet based thread I'd just like to agree that too many rodents are bad (fatty liver disease). My sav went off insects but instead of giving in and giving him more rodents I gave him less rodents - result was he ended up eating insects again (except crix, he doesn't like those). He now gets superworms, adult locusts and adult roaches - along with giant prawns and whole foods twice a week (usually 2 small quail plus a rodent).

They're like kids with candy, they'll hold out till you feel sorry for them and give them what they want. (Just like my parrot!)

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
i'm going to get some roaches, think goliath would benefit from them aswell. Also I think champ would enjoy them. Would definately be a worthwhile investment :D

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
great idea Blazey, roaches are full of goodness

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
i saw a monitor the other day tucking in to some snails is there much goodness in them ? and what are the best snails to feed ?

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
most people use giant african land snails i think. I gave don one before but i didnt see him eat it, saw a few bits of left over shell though. Bet they have a nice crunch lol.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts