Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are regretfully having to sell our bosc that we only bought a month ago. This is due to the fact that we were looking for a tame bosc, and thought we had found one, but either he hates us, or was just cold which made him very placid on the day we bought him.

I say him but I have not seen his bits, and therefore could just as easily be a female.

He is about 3 foot long, not huge, and estimated to be around 3 years old.

He has a good personality in that he is active, inquisitive, with a big appetite. He also likes exploring, and has clawed the vents off the back of the viv and somehow managed to squeeze out on multiple occasions (our vents are rather loose, we taped them down to avoid this).

His flaws are that he is not greatly fond of us. Although he has never bitten, he does puff up, hiss, and tail whip. He is okay once you have him picked up securely, but he does not particularly like being approached from any direction, but especially not from above.

I'm sure he will tame down with a bit of work.

He is kept in a 5 x 2 x 2 tank and given limited free roam of a room in the daytime whilst we are at work, which he quite enjoys, and is always easily found. I have kept him with a UVB tube and fed him an defrost mice and adult locusts.

He is £50 or will consider trades for most things.

Please note, this is a personal sale, and this is not the bosc which is on display at Reptile Cymru, which is more expensive, female, and dog tame :) If you want to see him, you'll have to make arrangements with me as he is kept at my house.

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still available. Will try and get some photos as that might help.

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump... £40, he is not hugely nasty - just requires some calming, time and patience so I'm not sure why no one wants him (or her).

I can consider delivery to some areas if you PM me your postcode.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts