Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello need desperate advice or where to look and or how to lure him out my Monitor out. So what happened i woke up on Friday morning and noticed that the monitor cage was Slightly open so i shut it thinking nothing of it. (I dont know why i didnt think to look or check just one of them things it was just open). And then i went to collage came back with his food i went straight to work. My dad put food in his cage on the night at 7 and he hadn't seen him.(which is normal he is under his hide most of the time unless he is out when he see me then he will stay out). So my dad went to feed him a pinky for break feast and noticed his food was not touched this is when we found out he had escaped which i don't even know how he pushed the cage open :S

So just looking for advice on where he can be i have checked every inch in my room is it likely he can climb up a bed because he might of feel out the window :( Has anyone got anyway to be able to lure him out or ideas where to look i dont know how he would be able to get anywhere round my house with my Dogs not noticing him. (Its very unlikely that my Staff would hurt him as he takes no notices of the lizards when i have them out and he got attacked by another staff and just tried to hide behind me he is a real good dog but my jack Russell could attack him but its 50/50 as he is scared off everything but did attack the staff that was attacking my staff). And could he get down the stairs thanks for all the advice and how long do you think he has :( He is about a ft long and is normal weight. All advice is greatly apprenticed.

·
Registered
344 Posts
How old/ large is it? A full grown adult will be much easier to find than a tiny baby. You say pinky, so I am going to assume it is still relatively small.
Leave out some food and a basking light in a quite place close to the enclosure. Do a complete sweep of each room and close them off once completed- under refrigerators, couches/ beds, inside laundry piles, in heaters/ vents, ect, etc. Close all the windows and doors as well.

My male bosc has gotten out quite a few times and this method always works for me. He's very easy to find now at 3.5 feet long:2thumb:.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Also, make sure to really secure the doors well. Full grown adults can rip screws out of plywood, and babies are quite strong for their size: victory:.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Thry are vety good climbers, so could have climbed up the bed or down the stairs, only ever had one escape and I found mine a day later under his viv asleep. That was when he was a baby, generally they will squeeze into, under spaces, very good at flattening the head to get into tight spaces. Hope you find him.
check anywhere thats warm and dark, and a tight gap.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He is a foot long not sure on age tbh. The only problem with leaving food out is my dogs eating the food. Is the monitor smart enough to know where his viv is? Because I'm 100% sure he is not in my room but i will put out a basket spot for him tommorow just hope he hasn't fell out my window and so suprised that my dogs didnt see him moving about. Thanks for the advise guys will let you know if i find him

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Hope you find him keep us updated

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FOUND HIM thank you both for the advice found him in the hardest place for him to get behind my moms wardrobe that had loads of junk he had to get around to get to. Just so happy he has been found my dad found him where i thought he had checked and when he did find him he said he was dead because he wasn't moving at all because he was so cold. Couldn't be happier today time too get a lock for his cage 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😄😄😄😄😄

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
So glad you found him defos lock time

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Glad you found him, now pics pplease

Reactions: Fizz

·
Registered
4,885 Posts

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
What a cutie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.