Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a bosc monitor at the beginning of november, he's about 12 months old but hasn't been handled. i let him settle in for bout 2 weeks and since then i've been handling him everyday (which he hates). just wondering how long it took everyone else and how tame you've got them?
also did you just pull them out and put them back once they had settled down etc, any advice helpful :D

·
Registered
632 Posts
i got mine as a rescue fully grown but he wasn't that tame i just turned the heating on and let him walk around the room and occasionally picked him up... i can do anythin to him now it just takes time :)

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
my bosc isnt fully grown yet but he rarely ever shows agression and likes being wrapped on my knee in a towel after a nice soak in the bath. he enjoyed watching Lost but we both got bored of it so now we have quiet nights in witha good book instead.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol bless

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
try putting a worn tshirt that has your smell in his viv he will get ucustomed to your smell alot quicker just take your time with him and work with him every day that doesnt mean pick him up he needs to learn to trust you alot of boscs are wild caught and not all of them become tame

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
work around him in the viv aswell, make sure he's aware that its your hand offering food and it doesnt just appear.

my bosc likes running around the bathroom for some reason, and once i made him run a litle bit for his rat weaner, which happened to be black, like my shoes and he got over excited and started snapping at my feet lol. Got him running though at least :lol:

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol mines in one today. got out of bed wrong side

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Dons just got back from the vet about his toe. Good news really, she said i'd kept control of the wound very well and it was only slightly infected, told me to keep bathing it just how i had been doing and she gave him an injection of antibiotics. Got to give him a course of antibiotics over the next week but at least he will be healthy soon and she said another toe nail may drop of and his foot wont go back to the same shape it was but it will heal nicely :D
he was a really good boy for her aswell and only whipped his tail when he had to have the injection. He weighed 1.2 kilo

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
awh bless him. you'll have to treat him now hehe

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
no he was naughty last night and did a big steaming poop on his rat weaner to show me he didnt want to eat it, really naughty boy.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol :lol: :lol: :lol: cheeky bugger

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
he's been scoffing chicks recently though so he's probably no space left for rat weaners :p

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
awhh mine has had a hard day digging, destroying plant and killing locust so he's fast asleep now under his cork bark. looks like a baby

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
here is now, but i did wake him takin it

[/img]

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
im looking to get another but want another sub adult rather than a baby. none in the rescue centres near me so im keeping an eye in classifieds for one coming up reasonably priced in north west area :D

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
there's a white throat in the shop near me. it was kept with mine. bout same size. not that far from you. i've seen loads for sale lately. have you looked on www.adtrader.co.uk

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
do u remember how much it cost

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
it doesn't say but i could ask for ya if your interested.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts