Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm from south london... the mitcham/croydon area

i was wondering if anyone knew of any breeders/places where i could get a bosc/savannah monitor?

thanks

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
there was one going in the classified section. not sure where abouts tho

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
theres one for sale on the classifieds for £250 and its an absolutely gorgeous set up and tame bosc, you should get in contact with them cuz i dont think they are that far away from u!

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
was about to post that aswell, its even in croydon! u lucky person, i wouldve snapped it up myself but too far away. found myself a bosc now though :D pick up tomorrow :D

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
lol
bet you can't wait till tomorrow. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh yeah i think i emailed the guy about that, unfortunately for me i don't really have all that money, i should have mentioned that i want a baby one to begin with because whilst that one grows i can get the money for a larger viv x

its a very nice monitor though

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
have you got a local reptile shop. if they don't have any in i'm sure they can order you one.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
i know, i got to go to college for a lesson first before i pick it up and i bet i will be too excited to concentrate. definately my fave species of lizard though my cham isnt far behind.

Im most worried about being given a sickly bosc cuz i used to work in a pet shop and the boscs they got in where always sickly and died and it was such a shame. More nervous about this bosc, if it does come as a bosc and not a black throat, because i never got don as a little baby so this is new to me!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i had a look today and they were selling one for 50, im not very chuffed with the way that they keep their animals :S

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
you should be ok. they're hardy little things. is it CB?

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
neither was i about our petshop ,they kept the tortoises a bit shoddily but my bosc has turned out lovely and healthy even though he didnt even have a hide big enough for him to even get inside :(

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
dont believe don was CB either, i think he was CF. not had much problems with him though, all it really takes with them is a confident hand :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ahh, i didnt ask the guy in the shop when i was in there i was just having a look around, i'll probably go in again soon and ask him if the bosc is captive bred, ill also check out the size etc

would be good if anyone hears of a baby batch out, or breeder, if they could let me know, ill keep my eyes open

thanks a bunch :D

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
you don't really get any CB, mainly CF

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
the problem is that not many survive from the batches of eggs so they are rarer to find CB. CF arent that bad but avoid WC at all costs unless u can have its health checked and its calm and handleable. look for scars and bites on the bosc, usually a stark sign of WC

·
Registered
32 Posts
is south kent too far for you? my local pet shop did have a couple of baby bosc's not sure if he still has them though, think he wanted £40 each for em.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
if they dont have any left, chances are that they can order more off their supplier.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts