Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was just wondering if any species of Box Turtles are available in the U.K. If any one knows of any for sale or any breeders it would be greatly apreciated!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Which are you looking for? I believe we may have 2 juvenile three toed for sale I will ask hubby (boxman)!
Hi, I was just wondering if any species of Box Turtles are available in the U.K. If any one knows of any for sale or any breeders it would be greatly apreciated!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
i've got a chinese box or yellow margined but he's not for sale although i might be interested in a girly for him :lol2:

I know of one guy on here that breeds chinese box's and maybe a couple of others but generally you hardly see them forsale :blush:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
That's right we are so chuffed we hang on to them!:lol2:
i've got a chinese box or yellow margined but he's not for sale although i might be interested in a girly for him :lol2:

I know of one guy on here that breeds chinese box's and maybe a couple of others but generally you hardly see them forsale :blush:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Sorry should have been more specific with the species. I meant to say the North American Box Turtles namely the Florida box turtle (Terrapene Carolina Bauri)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
The only people I know breeding these are in Germany. We got some from the Hamm show.
Sorry should have been more specific with the species. I meant to say the North American Box Turtles namely the Florida box turtle (Terrapene Carolina Bauri)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seems like a trip to Germany might be on the cards then..... I'm sure they would be selling for quite a large amount of cash though :/

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Seems like a trip to Germany might be on the cards then..... I'm sure they would be selling for quite a large amount of cash though :/
Saw a trio of adults for sale in Houten offered for €1250.00 back in 2008
It is very rare, to see them offered for sale in Europe, and I suspect there are very few in private collections anyway.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Three Counties Tortoise Group

Short notice I am afraid, but Tomorrow at 2pm I am giving an illustrated talk on North American Box Turtles;
Some have said, talking about North American Box Turtles to the Three Counties Tortoise Group is like: "Taking Coal to Newcastle". Perhaps, it should be "Coleman to Tewkesbury"!
The opportunity to meet and see the UK's leading North American Box Turtle breeders, with some of their captive bred babies is a real treat:
Location of Talk:
Village Hall
Fleet Lane
Twyning
TEWKESBURY
Glos.
GL20 6FR
Entrance fee applies, which is going towards the conservation project for Asian Turtles at Muenster Zoo.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
We have some one year old Terrapene carolina triungis females for sale at present. This means they are about 4-5cm SL shell length.
£100 each.
Next year should see limited numbers of T.c.carolina and T.c.major for sale as well, as they are poppin' their shells as we speak.

·
Registered
71,221 Posts

wish i could send some... easterns are very common here...

stupid laws...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts