1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

does anyone know if branches from elderberry trees are ok to use with
reptiles?
Do they need to be treated in any way before use?

John

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I would say they just need to be striped of bark, allowed to dry and then either frozen or baked for an hour.

I'd wait for confirmation before just taking my word for it though as I have never used one myself.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
I would have though the same treatment would do for these as any other branch! Couple of hours soak in a hot water with a bit of bleach, rinse to get the bleach off, soak in water again and leave to try... Job done!

I don't know about these branches directly but I wouldn't have though theres any problem

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
welshgaz said:
I would have though the same treatment would do for these as any other branch! Couple of hours soak in a hot water with a bit of bleach, rinse to get the bleach off, soak in water again and leave to try... Job done!

I don't know about these branches directly but I wouldn't have though theres any problem
Do you never freeze or bake Gaz???
I always thought you should, although I suppose bleach is pretty good fro killing nasties.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
carl24bpool said:
welshgaz said:

Do you never freeze or bake Gaz???
I always thought you should, although I suppose bleach is pretty good fro killing nasties.
You can do... but I've always just soaked mine in the bath with some bleach and then washed them later on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts