Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After a 7 year R&D project I am delighted to say the out true Infra-Red 'Deep Heat Projector' is now available.

This is unlike any other other form of heating lamp.

This E27 lamp projects I-R-A and for the very first time in this format I-R-B. This replicates heat from the sun and warms the animal deep into the tissues.

They require around half the wattage of a standard lamp or ceramic heater. As such this 50w lamp will replace a 100w spot or CHE and has an average life of 2-4 years (depending on how hard its run and the quality of dimming stat)

Find out more here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLrfDtMNO58

John

Reactions: loxocemus and Zux

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi John or anyone else that may be able to assist, I have been trying to find out the height of these bulbs and the best way of mounting to the top of a viv.

I have just taken in a Green Iguana who is 7 years old, changed her lighting from T8 to one of the Arcadia T5 Slimline units & provided a better sized basking area for which I would like to provide the best heating possible.

Would two of these bulbs 8-12 inches apart be suitable? I currently have 470mm from the top of the viv to the basking spot, can you recommend the best fittings for the light? it is hard to find what would best suit without having a local shop to pop in to with all the products available to view.

Also, her viv is getting a two foot depth extension over Christmas to make it 5ft x 4.5ft x 4ft , would a second Arcadia Slimline T5 12% unit be advisable providing there is also enough shade provided?

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes a pair would work well.

Remember that these heat deep into the dermis unlike any other lamp.

They are standard heat lamp height.

Reactions: Infamous

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi John, I'm curious about using one of these for my panther chameleon (currently around 6 months old) as I've seen it stated that it produces very little visible light, would you recommend using an additional light source near infra red to help him identify the area (and to make up for the shortfall in visible light in the tank compared to his current arcadia flood bulb)?
Currently has a T5 uvb tube on a similar time schedule to the heat bulb, and a jungle dawn which comes on for a shorter 8 hour period in the middle of the day and evening.

His viv is set up with a good mixture of open basking and sheltered plants, including a dark corner behind a bushy chamaedorea elegans which gives him somewhere almost totally dark to hide if he feels like it.
I'm just worried that the T5 alone isn't going to be enough light for him for a large part of the day.

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

yes they work well if you set it up correctly.

I site them very close to the UVFLOOD as you should and of course as everything is bioactive they also have JungleDawns.

I find the mix of T5 and JungleDawn, if set correctly more than makes up for the lack of visible light within the heater.

Hi John, I'm curious about using one of these for my panther chameleon (currently around 6 months old) as I've seen it stated that it produces very little visible light, would you recommend using an additional light source near infra red to help him identify the area (and to make up for the shortfall in visible light in the tank compared to his current arcadia flood bulb)?
Currently has a T5 uvb tube on a similar time schedule to the heat bulb, and a jungle dawn which comes on for a shorter 8 hour period in the middle of the day and evening.

His viv is set up with a good mixture of open basking and sheltered plants, including a dark corner behind a bushy chamaedorea elegans which gives him somewhere almost totally dark to hide if he feels like it.
I'm just worried that the T5 alone isn't going to be enough light for him for a large part of the day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

If I have a T5 UVB, a Jungle Dawn and a Deep Heat do I also need a halogen bulb to achieve full spectrum lighting?

If so do the Halogen and DH need to be on separate stats or can I just have the Halogen on a stat?

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.