Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, who said that Royals are shy?! :shock:

Nyoka has been out and about in her box several times... I know she is just settling and getting used to it, but today when I changed her water, she came out of her hide and started her way up my hand....

I just say, I was more than shocked as I was under the impression that she would need an adjustment period before she would tollerate any handling.

Do I have a typical Essex Royal or something? Maybe they breed 'em more brazen up here?! :rotfl:

·
*****istrator
11,351 Posts
Weve had ours nearly 2 months and after about two weeks he started to come out of his hide whenever we come into the room. Some people say they never see theirs and some people's come out all the time. I got mine from essex too! lol

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I used to live in essex, and I had royals...Mine used to come out a little bit more than the ones I have now...Maybe it is an Essex thing!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Mine was exactly the same when we first got him home, he soon went into hiding mind. Dont really see him that much now unless im very lucky and catch him out late at night, or when hes out being handled :wink:

Ive noticed he does also explore a bit when i have just put him back into a freshly cleaned viv. Its like he knows things have been changed slightly and wants to find out why...but as above, he soon gets tired of it and after he has done a few 'laps' of his viv he goes back to his caves!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts