Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my male BRB (1.5ft) bit me three times today. I'm not sure what i actually did wrong? He wasn't viv protective or anything, he came out without a fuss. But after having him out for about 10 minutes, he repeatedly struck at my hand. As i knew he was sensitive to low humidity levels, i made sure he was sprayed every 5 minutes whilst out of the enclosure, i also had no smells on my hand that he may have mistaken for a meal. My hand wasn't even moving fast. Can anyone come up with any suggestions as to why he done this so suddenly, and without any obvious reason? He was fed three days ago..

·
Registered
167 Posts
I would leave off the spraying whilst he is out...they don't like getting sprayed directly.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Hi guys, my male BRB (1.5ft) bit me three times today. I'm not sure what i actually did wrong? He wasn't viv protective or anything, he came out without a fuss. But after having him out for about 10 minutes, he repeatedly struck at my hand. As i knew he was sensitive to low humidity levels, i made sure he was sprayed every 5 minutes whilst out of the enclosure, i also had no smells on my hand that he may have mistaken for a meal. My hand wasn't even moving fast. Can anyone come up with any suggestions as to why he done this so suddenly, and without any obvious reason? He was fed three days ago..
Spraying him might have been what :censor:ed him off, or he just in a bad mood and got fed up of being handled :lol2:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Oh, ok thanks. Does this mean i can't handle him for any longer than about 10 minutes whilst he's this small?
as long as his humidity ,temps are ok in the viv he should be fine whilst being handled although i wouldnt over do it. 10 mins a few times a week should be fine mate:2thumb:

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Might also be in shed, he's not gonna like being handled then.

Reactions: Rhys14

·
Registered
43 Posts
My BRB tagged me the other night...unprovoked too...he was just going from one hand to another and decided to give my thumb a little love bite...not much to shout about, Didnt hurt and not much blood.. it had been fed about 3 days prior so wasnt hungry.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My BRB tagged me the other night...unprovoked too...he was just going from one hand to another and decided to give my thumb a little love bite...not much to shout about, Didnt hurt and not much blood.. it had been fed about 3 days prior so wasnt hungry.
Sounds exactly like what happened with mine. Has yours ever done that before the other night? And if so, how frequently would you say it happens? As I only got mine last week, so I'm intrigued to know how often he's likely to throw these tantrums

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't have a BRB but Im pretty sure I'd try to bite someone if they sprayed me with water hehehe

·
Registered
232 Posts
Definitely sounds like you annoyed it good and proper, although snakes can throw tantrums at least mine do when my Columbian rainbow boa was younger he was prone to it, try without spraying next time and keep the session short and quiet

·
Registered
182 Posts
Remind me never to have a water fight with you! It could be dangerous :2thumb:
Yeah, a water fight could be dangerous but picking me up from a comfortable sofa and spraying me in the face with water would probably prove fatal!!!

Reactions: Rhys14

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds exactly like what happened with mine. Has yours ever done that before the other night? And if so, how frequently would you say it happens? As I only got mine last week, so I'm intrigued to know how often he's likely to throw these tantrums
First time he had tried it... 2nd time he struck at me on Friday, but i did slap him in the face with a wet cloth (accidentally) LOL guess he didnt like it :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts