Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya, I have decided that I don't want a western hognose, but want a Brazilian Rainbow Boa and handled one today, an adult, and fell in love with them :flrt: and have some questions

1) What size viv do they require, maximum and minimum sizes

2) what temperature should they be kept at

3) what humidity should they be kept at

thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
1) What size viv do they require, maximum and minimum sizes

4ftx1ft Viv for smaller adults, but if a large 6-7ft specimen 4ftx2ft (And As They are quite good climbers, 2ft high would be ideal too)

2) what temperature should they be kept at

They Should Not Get over 32 on the hot end, this can be extremely dangerous. 27+ to 32 for hot end, and then room temperture ish for cold end.

3) what humidity should they be kept at

70% Minimum. I always keep mine at 80 which is easy in a contico container. Just Place Water Bowl on heated side and then spray morning and night, should do the trick :) They are Stunnin Snakes!

Heres Mine And Its Set Up For now, Only 50 cm's the now :)

(May Also see the video of my BRB eating itself. Lmao. Its in this topic (snakes))

Good Luck Finding A Beauty. What Area Are You In?

P.s. Feel Free To Pm :)

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for your help :D

Good Luck Finding A Beauty. What Area Are You In?
Meltos, I'm in Shropshire in England, and the shop I go to has 3 adults and some yearlings I think they are, I handeled one of the adults, it was maybe about 6-7 feet long and felt like it weighed 8 pounds, an absolutley stunning snake :)

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PendleHog said:
This rich's place? The BRBs in there are something else! Really cracking looking snakes.
It was Rich's place, they were absolutley gorgeous, and had one hell of a grip :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts