Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little female BRB, 'Rossi' is about 6 months old now, and is about 2ft long, so I've moved her from the exo terra tub to a 2ft viv (24" x 15" x 12" LWH) I built from scratch. Gotta say that vented tub was a pain - gonna get a contico next time!

As you can see, she has a medium cave at each end, a waterbowl covered by bark, 1 more piece of bark, an extra dish of water in the back corner.

The shelf has a medium snake cave, filled with damp moss, a fake plant for climbing and cover, and there is a final small water bowl in the corner. Faviorite spots seem to be the humid box, and water bowl under the bark, though she also spends time in both 'dry' hides.

Heating is via a guarded 60w pearco controlleled by a Microclimate DL2ME, a pulse stat with day / night. The eye currently covered, as light in the room varies too much, so heat is on 24hrs until I can rig up a small bulb to a timer.

The stat probe, and the digi thermometer probe are in the same place, back left corner. Stat is set to 28c, but the digital thermometer reads 30c (86f), so I'm going with the thermometer. Cool end reads around 25c

Humidity has not dropped below 80% all week, without aditional spraying. I just top the water levels up and check the moss in the hide is damp - I've sprayed that once. Lots of bowls, small vents and nature bark substrate have done the trick :)

HUGE satisfaction after having built the viv myself. Drawing up plans for more as we speak!

Sorry I've waffled a bit, but others often ask how to set up their vivs and I'm always interested in how others do things. Any additional suggestions I can add to this lot?

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Whoo, what happened to that pic!!!!

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, she's there, though she is a bit of a worm at the moment:lol2:

Growing quick though, she's stunning and very friendly. Can't wait til she's 6 - 7 ft.

Oh, and I have a spare tub for another hatchling now...

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
looking good :D good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts