Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
my new BRB is having a terrible time shedding - the humidity is approx 80-85% and temps in mid 80's. Have tried to help with the shed but am getting nowhere - her eyecaps have not shed and she looks awful - most of her skin has not shed.
I have given her several baths, rubbed her down with olive oil to try and loosen the skin, but nothing seems to be shifting the skin. I will take her to the vet tomorrow if things don't improve.
Can anyone give any advice or experiences that could help?
thanks

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I feel for you mate, but you have done everything I would have suggested, whats the temps in the viv?
i can only suggest giving the viv a good old spray tonight to higher the humidity and see how it is in the morning.....give another bath etc etc
has it got bark hides etc to rub against?
good luck

edit, jusr re-read temps in mid 80's......sounds like viv is ok.....

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah she has loads to rub against- it's not like a corn or a royal that are easy to assist with their shed

·
Registered
513 Posts
I've just seen my royal and he's got clouded eyes and dull colour skin so hes in the middle of shedding, i put a hide box in for him, i also sprayed the tank to raise the humidity and suddenly a few minutes later the cool end has gone upto 83.5! when before it was 78.8 f is that ok? or should i turn it down this is his first time shedding since i got him so i'm quite new to the shedding bit, Thanks

Josh

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all my royals bar one on one occasion have shed fine just being left to it - the temp thing is weird - I'd leave the temp as they were normally if u are able to get it back down.
my experience with royals is to check their eyecaps when they have shed as they are often left on.
good luck

·
Registered
513 Posts
Sweet thanks, so although its gone up i should leave it how it is because it may go back down? Thanks for your help :2thumb:

Josh

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
humidity caves, regular misting, baths, bowl for snake to soak in viv, wet skin and softly try to remove other than that pass sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts