Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
I'm new on this forum and sorry bat my eanglish is very bad.
now i'm work and living in uk. i have a few quastin about breeding boas and pythons (and other CITES animals) in uk.

for example
do I need license or something else?
does reptile have got microchipe or something else?
do I register cites animal somewhere?

regards
greg

G

·
hi
I'm new on this forum and sorry bat my eanglish is very bad.
now i'm work and living in uk. i have a few quastin about breeding boas and pythons (and other CITES animals) in uk.

for example
do I need license or something else?
does reptile have got microchipe or something else?
do I register cites animal somewhere?

regards
greg

no
no
and no...well as far as i know:|

·
Registered
641 Posts
No
Yes - If they're Appendix I listed, molurus, sanzinia, occidentalis etc. Often the chip can be kept with the paperwork as long as it accompanies the animal.
Yes - If they're Appendix I listed, molurus, sanzinia, occidentalis etc. Contact CITES directly and they'll inform you of what you need to do in the event that you breed an Appendix I species.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
you mentioned molurus, is that covering burmese sub spices, or just the indian rock?

i thought burms were quite common in the wild

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
boas

You haven`t mentioned Dumerils boas here & they`re also appendix 1 species, just thought i`d mention it.:)

·
Registered
641 Posts
You haven`t mentioned Dumerils boas here & they`re also appendix 1 species, just thought i`d mention it.:)
I didn't list any of the Epicratus or Tropidophiidae species either. That's why I put 'etc'... :wink:

I'm not sure what other boids are Appendix one listed, but that's all I can remember off the top of my head 8)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Nope, I pretty sure they're not on it. There's only a few Epicratus species listed, subflavus being the only one I can recall right now. There should be a list somewhere online with all the species on it... 8)

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Nope, I pretty sure they're not on it. There's only a few Epicratus species listed, subflavus being the only one I can recall right now. There should be a list somewhere online with all the species on it... 8)
There are 3:

subflavus (as mentioned)
monenis
inornatus

:D

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
The other that is missing from the above posts is Bolyeria multocarinata (one of the round island boas). There is another of those boas but i can't for the life of me remember which :oops:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Cites

Also the Madagascan ground boa ( Acrantophis Madgascariensis ) and the Ceylon Python (Python Molurus Pimbura). Not 100% sure but the chips must go inside the snake as soon as the snake is big enough.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
The pimbura no longer exists as far as cites is concerned - it was re-absorbed back into the molurus species ;)

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
To be honest, i can't remember the date, sorry.

It happened because they decided it didnt have sufficient differences from the molurus to be classed as a sub species - sorry, not much help at all, i know.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hi
thx for all answer
i nned know especial all about boa constrictor spp and python curtus spp and epicrates cenchria spp.
if i will buy my first snake in uk i get noly snake, but i need cites certificate or somethings else (another paper) ?

regards
greg

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
hi
thx for all answer
i nned know especial all about boa constrictor spp and python curtus spp and epicrates cenchria spp.
if i will buy my first snake in uk i get noly snake, but i need cites certificate or somethings else (another paper) ?

regards
greg
The only one you need to watch out for on your list is Boa constrictor occidentalis.
The easiest way to figure out if that is what you are buying is the cost, if it is less than £100 for a young one you are fine to have no paper work.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok
summation
when I will buy epicrates cenchria I need only money and I must have terrarium in hause and a few rat

thx all

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Yes, rats are important. Glad I could help.:D

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
as far as i know if you are breeding them in your own home and they are not venomouse or really dangerous reps you don't need a dwe liscence, but check with your local council just in case.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts