270 Posts
hi
what chams are you looking to breed ?
i have just sucessfully paired some veiled , for mre info pm me
rob

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
you'd be better off putting the female in with the male not the other way round.
the male will prefer to be in his own territory that way he can assert his dominance on the female and lead to a successfull breeding.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello everyone, need some info on breeding chameleons. I have a female and have the oppurtunity to borrow a male off a fellow reptile forum member to do the 'deed'. Any info on the breeding pattern/process for chameleons would be useful.
Cheers
Nick
Hi i don't normally comment on this forum but you do realise one successful mating can fertilize 2 or 3 clutches of around 40 and upwards the most i have read was 99 from a person in Sweden .
Pleas if you are going to try breeding them make sure you have outlets
in place to move them onto .
Housing them as baby's is easy but being left with them after 4 months when they all need there own enclosure is another .
AJ

·
Registered
14,312 Posts
the most i have heard was 102 from someone in america,
i have bred veilds for about 2years and got 8 cluthes and about 50 eggs a clutch, (i recently sold them as i wanted to concentrate more on my snakes and they took up a lot of space, and cost a lot to feed).
i agree with the above of putting the female the male as that is his territory but chances are they would still mate the other way round

if the female goes black and hisses at the male it means she is not receptive to the male yet,
here is a pic of what i mean

if this happens its best to seperate and put them back together after a day or two, i kept my pairs together all the time but they had huge cages, so could get away from each other if they wanted to.

but
if she goes green and walks away from the male it meens she is receptive and is allowing the male to mate

then mating will happen

then eggs, here is some of a cluth

and after between 6 and 7 months
babies

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
the most i have heard was 102 from someone in america,
i have bred veilds for about 2years and got 8 cluthes and about 50 eggs a clutch, (i recently sold them as i wanted to concentrate more on my snakes and they took up a lot of space, and cost a lot to feed).
i agree with the above of putting the female the male as that is his territory but chances are they would still mate the other way round

if the female goes black and hisses at the male it means she is not receptive to the male yet,
here is a pic of what i mean

if this happens its best to seperate and put them back together after a day or two, i kept my pairs together all the time but they had huge cages, so could get away from each other if they wanted to.

but
if she goes green and walks away from the male it meens she is receptive and is allowing the male to mate

then mating will happen

then eggs, here is some of a cluth

and after between 6 and 7 months
babies

im guna have a go at breeding chams next year hope i do well like you !!
congrats !! and stunning chams !!!:mf_dribble:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts