Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to breed my corn snakes in november (dont tell me its the wrong time as i am aware and im gunnu try breeding them with out hibernation so plz dont tell me) my male corn snake is 18 months 306g over 3 feet long my female corn snake is 2 years old nearly 4 feet long and over 300g (cant remember exactly but i no its over 300g) what i whant to know is are they ok to breed.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
im going to breed my corn snakes in november (dont tell me its the wrong time as i am aware and im gunnu try breeding them with out hibernation so plz dont tell me) my male corn snake is 18 months 306g over 3 feet long my female corn snake is 2 years old nearly 4 feet long and over 300g (cant remember exactly but i no its over 300g) what i whant to know is are they ok to breed.
why not wait until next yr give the female more time to mature

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
yh i say wait another yr, you dont want to risk compaction.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Male is old enough, but you may be disappointed as ( I know you said not to say it but..) its not breeding season. Whats the issue with waiting another 3 or 4 months until the snakes are more likely to be in the mood? Or they may mate, but the female may retain the sperm until she is ready to ovulate. ( I never cooled mine, by the way - not necessary with corns.)

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok what i have decided is to put them togever in november to see if they breed but if they dont then i will wait untill march 2010.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts