Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting some mack snows,2 females and a male,got the choice of 2 female mack snows all unrelated and an unrelated male ghost mack snow.or 2 unrelated females and a male mack snow that the breeder cannot be sure if its related,would it matter if i was to breed them and they were related

·
Registered
662 Posts
no don't think it matters just think its a personal opinion as to whether you want to breed related geckos. so people do some people don't.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any 1 who breeds leopards shed any light on the subject

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
its not good breeding anything from the same blood line in my opinion and its morally wrong. you wouldnt want a load of deformed offspring now would u.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
you don't necessarily get deformed offspring and some reps can be bred over successive generations....but is usually better to use unrelated pairs...i have bred a brother and sister but it wasn't meant to happen ( he got in her viv) the resulting eggs and babies were fine though...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blazey said:
its not good breeding anything from the same blood line in my opinion and its morally wrong. you wouldnt want a load of deformed offspring now would u.
they are line bred to a certain degree to produce the morphs,but i was thinking the same will they be deformed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts