Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have devised my list of what i want to try and breed for this coming season.
having more males than females i have decided to offer a few males out on loan.
1:- amel motley het snow... this boy is stunning, produced 1st clutch at 8 months old.. no need for him this year at all looking at things though.
2:- anery (george), this old boy seems to go forever.. hes 17 in a few months, but his genes always make him worth a shout, and he usually obliges. He is het for hypo (therefor ghost), amel (therefor snow).. so will produce anery, amel, normal, hypo, snows and ghosts.. i have had all 6 in the last 2 years, and he produces THE best ghosts i have ever seen barr NONE.
3:- flourescent orange... he is a 2003 male, i havent used him yet so dont know what he is likely to produce.., he is actually on the sales list.
4:- hypo het for blood.. this guy is 2004, well ready to go.. he looks more bloodred than a lot of bloodreds people have tried to sell me.. he is also on the sales list.
5:- normal het for hypo bloodred... 2003 boy, good size, 400 grams or more i reckon... again on the sales list, but until then he could be wortha shout.
i usually say bring the female to me and i'll do the work, but if it is someone i know and trust i would be happy for you to take the male and have a go yourself.
i like to go straight 50/50 on all healthy hatchlings, thats whether i have the male or female.
in northampton, soi guess it will have to be someone reasonably local to avoid too much hassle.
any more info then please ask.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have to admit, I always wondered if people put their snakes out to stud ... just sounded too foolish to ask :lol: It's fairly standard with cats and dogs; why not snakes!

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well a lot of people wont go for it due to quarenteen etc, and thats fine.. i guess i wouldnt risk it with a really rare snake.

·
Registered
351 Posts
True enough. When i sent my cat to stud I had to have her tested the day before.. don't suppose you can do that with snakes.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah you probably could, but would only be worth doing with higher end morphs

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
I am available for mating if there are any girls in need. Pls pm for charges. I do a cheap price for group of girls, and will travel for the right female.

Sorry could not contain myself :lol:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol you tart.. what are you het for though? :lol:

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Not het for anything, I'm a mutt, but I've been cooled properly now I'm ready to go :D

No charge for you Hannah, now that you're a mod Hannah :lol:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Rembrandt said:
I have to admit, I always wondered if people put their snakes out to stud ... just sounded too foolish to ask :lol: It's fairly standard with cats and dogs; why not snakes!
I send my male Tarantula out to stud, in fact he's on his way home from a dirty couple of months :D

·
Banned
1,685 Posts
if you can get me russell crowe ahl have him

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Nigels right about the Anery (George) he really does throw the best ghosts.
Infact have a look for yourselves.

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
NIge, I have my Bloodred girl cooling at the moment? What do you think? I would be happy for her to stay with you tho, just you mate since as she is my baby (the 5 foot 7 girl lol)
I really would love to have a clutch from her.

What do you think?

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i suppose she could be put tp a lav or something? het plasma hets

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
hee hee hee

i am running pewter to hypo lav this year nige..

interesting idea, studding them... there are risks with the Q'tine.. i mean what if the person who send you a female, picked up boa with IBD three days before... (you know what i mean..)

still, if there are people my way, who can't take nigel up on the offer.. i might consider some carefully chosen requests..

i have an amber 66% het stripe i would not mind proving out for instance..

an amel motley who is one of the best i have ever seen.. etc etc etc

be very very interested if anyone has a breeding age creamsicle stripe female, or het.. or cinnamon, or het cinnamon.. or those in motley..

N

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah thats it.. of course there are risks for sure... but i guess you have to try and trust the people you are dealing with.
some of the requests i reckon wont be able to happen anyway due to travelling etc, just wont be worth it and will be too much for the snake in some cases.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Dexter said:
I am available for mating if there are any girls in need. Pls pm for charges. I do a cheap price for group of girls, and will travel for the right female.

Sorry could not contain myself :lol:

pmsl! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
nige - in some places they artifically inseminate snakes.. after harvesting the males...

someone posted a spoof ad for MsStevens a few years back, where she supposedly was asking for python sperm to use !!

although it was a wind up, someone did actually contact her who was not a wind up, and said it had been done before, collecting snake semen, and using it to inseminate another snake.. and if she needed some python sperm, to let them know!

anyway... the things you learn eh...

N

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
doesnt surprise me, bet it costs a bundle though.. would probably be worth it with high end stuff i suppose.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts