Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im thinking of breeding my royal (ollie) but im new to the breeding scene can anyone give me any tips pls woulkd really appreciate it
thx

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Do a google search you should then get the answers you seek. Your avatar pic is cool, I watched an episode of miami ink the other day where Chris did that as a tatoo on someone. If there is anything specific you would like to know I am sure someone will help you out.

·
Registered
257 Posts
if your planning on breeding if i were you i would splash some money and buy a cheap morph like a pastel or if you have the money a morph of your choice, and try and produce some morphs and sell them off to make a profit.

im sure you already aware of this but i will say it anyway, you have to make sure that the Female ball python should weigh at least 500 grams for every foot they measure in length, i.e., if the female is 4 feet long, she should weigh at least 2000 grams before she is bred. Males should weigh a minimum of 500 grams, but 800 is a healthier place to start.

and make sure you do as much research as possable, if you choose to breed, good luck!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
liam_rokocoko said:
if your planning on breeding if i were you i would splash some money and buy a cheap morph like a pastel or if you have the money a morph of your choice, and try and produce some morphs and sell them off to make a profit.

im sure you already aware of this but i will say it anyway, you have to make sure that Female ball pythons should weigh at least 500 grams for every foot they measure in length, i.e., if the female is 4 feet long, she should weigh at least 2000 grams before she is bred. Males should weigh a minimum of 500 grams, but 800 is a healthier place to start.

and make sure you do as much research as possable, if you choose to breed, good luck!
I have read that its 400 grams a foot.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
there ya go lekkie :lol:

·
Registered
279 Posts
would really like to know which it is 400 or 500 as we are looking at bredding areselves soon and need info!!!

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Hi Lekkie, I'm on the same boat, I want to get my boas to breed, which I was hoping to do this year, but now I think they are still not ready for it.

Trouble with most things about snakes, is that you find 100 care sheet web sites talking about breeding, all of them sound convincing, but when you start comparing you notice a lot of discrepancies between them.

I suggest you read a few and compare them to get started and if you're in doubt, come here and ask specific questions, and surely someone will be able to help.

That's an example of a link that can be usefull, but I'd not garantee it's 100 % right because I've never bred royals myself.

http://www.kingsnake.com/ballpythonguide/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts